R4,000 digital solar TV kit for SA

SykomantiS

Expert Member
First question: can this thing be taken apart and fitted to a conventional led tv or
Second question: are there cheaper alternatives?

FNfal

Executive Member
no "18.5″ 12V (Volt) light emitting diode (LED) television;"

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
Not quite sure I see the point, but perhaps someone has a use for such a thing.

Plus solar tech in SA gets an automatic +1 from me. Its sad that we're barely making progress whilst Germany & UK have half their roofs covered in panels.

uchoose

True, with all the sun we get not much happening solar wise. Why no battery, not much point supplying 2 light bulbs if you do not have a battery?

FNfal

Executive Member
The point of this product is mainly for rural areas from my view , most people in rural areas take their battery to be charged every day or so from a generator or shop ,so most people have battery's and just need the charging part .
Think rural people and look at the pictures in the article.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
if it was cheaper these could be used in rdp houses, might help cut down on electricity theft also

LPCPT

They should sell the components separately as well.
Solar panel, battery and inverter can then be used in a conventional home for tv and lights at least.
i know they do not include inverter, but other places sell it

Jan

Drifting in the black
True, with all the sun we get not much happening solar wise. Why no battery, not much point supplying 2 light bulbs if you do not have a battery?
Among other reasons, they said that in their target market there is already a vibrant lead-acid battery refurbishment market.