R50m expansion boost for iBurst

F

Fudzy

Great news, nice to see someone is complying with ICASA, I just hope its because they feel obligated to not just because they dont have the same sort of legal swing as Telkom

Mze

Sluggish!

He added that with iBurst being a black-owned enterprise, DBSA's investment in the project is also in line with the bank's mandate to drive broad-based black economic empowerment (BEE), particularly in the ICT sector where transformation has been sluggish. (and more investment is always welcome to make up for any consequent shortcomings and minor planning and implementation foul-ups)

Pray, tell us how this is going to galvanise iBurst into action?

The problems are:
Lousy speeds;
Overloaded base stations;
Undertrained technical consultants;
Undertrained accounting consultants;
alarm bells being ignored.

Always the old dictum - 'It is morally indefensible not to part a fool from his money!".

Quite where the BEE component is going to do anything miraculous other than be sooooooooo politcally correct is completely beyond my imagination.

Ekhaatvensters

Executive Member
Well obviously the 50 million is going to be used for new base stations, hopefully helping to alleviate the lousy speeds and overloaded basestations.

The rest is up to iBurst, but this is good news for them at least, and maybe me too if it helps speed up a new tower.

BobbyMac

Expert Member
50 million will buy a lot of "don't use this wireless service" pamphlets.