R8m Powerball jackpot winner whose wife left him because he ’didn’t have enough money’ wants her back

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Maybe she is really good in bed. Or he knows if she files a divorce claim she gets half anyway so better to have her around & he still gets to spend it his way instead of ending up with only half.
No woman on planet earth is R8 million good...

This guy is officially SA's biggest simp, I wouldn't even open my mouth to the media out of embarrassment...

Last edited:

Flanders

Honorary Master
On the bright side, if she goes back then, at least in theory, she's out of circulation.

Then again, ditching the guy because he doesn't have enough money screams "I'll bang the first guy with shiny things, married or not."

Madhawk

Honorary Master
On the bright side, if she goes back then, at least in theory, she's out of circulation.

Then again, ditching the guy because he doesn't have enough money screams "I'll bang the first guy with shiny things, married or not."

Exactly, the fact that she was a gold digger in the first place should be a red flag.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
Not shrugging off 8 bar at all! I mentioned that jackpot wasn’t that massive because I don’t think R8m would be life changing money for everyone. You’d cover many things, but would probably still need to go to work or get some form of income.
4 x R1m properties = rental income of R45,000 - R50,000 pm
R4m in a standard interest bearing notice account = ~R16,000 pm

Total monthly income = R60,000+ pm. After tax you're looking at a take home of R35,000+ pm.

I would definitely say that's life changing. It wouldn't be enough for me stop working, but definitely enough to consider taking a lower stress half-day job...

gboy

Expert Member
My fiancee left me because I was not "stable" enough for her software dev, working from home is not a real job.

Whooman de craz

kolaval

Executive Member
50% of me:
Take her back.
Take her for a nice meal.
Do the dirty.
Next morning ask her WTF she's still doing there.

The other 50%:
Maybe he was truly in such a state that she needed to leave him.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Not shrugging off 8 bar at all! I mentioned that jackpot wasn’t that massive because I don’t think R8m would be life changing money for everyone. You’d cover many things, but would probably still need to go to work or get some form of income.

You could easily get R30 000pm sustainably (after tax) and growing each year.

Last edited:

HunterNW

Honorary Master
He's an investment banker.
So kids: Don't become an investment banker. You won't make enough money to keep a woman happy.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Here is a question, would you speak to the media when you have won the lotto?

No.

I wouldn't even want to let family know, but that will be difficult to hide if you suddenly have a new house and car plus a couple of rental properties, which are things I would be inclined to spend my winnings on.