'Race specific' client, agent reject Cape Town man's apartment rental query, agency drops landlord

Lupus

Honorary Master
The landlord can use any criteria he or she deems appropriate when selecting a tenant.

We have a systemic problem in South Africa and we place everyone in boxes. Examples of this are:
All Whites are racist,
All Whites are rich,
Blacks are lazy
Blacks are incompentent
etc, etc

The problem here is not the selection criteria. The only real problem is that the estate agent should have handled it in a more subtle way.
This definitely seems to be the perception.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
It's okay to let the white man starve by starving him out of jobs - a 'rainbow' nation indeed. Reconciliation indeed.
Unemployment is lowest among white people in this country so you're talking nonsense.

1634800760869.png

surface

Honorary Master
Landlord selects one Mr. D van Rooyen...

Fireworks
LOL. I don't care tuppence as long as credit checks pass. That is my discrimination - sue me.

Note. OT but 2 pastors that were my prospects for tenants never submitted documents (credit check)

Gyre

Expert Member

Gyre

Expert Member
ROFL
You ignore me by not ignoring me.

I am sure you are one of the special non-racist racists (because only "whites" can be and are all racists because they are white).

I am ignoring you(and you are aware of it as I informed you), I thought I'd just remind you just so that you don't take silence as a victory and so that others know why I am no longer addressing you.

Toodles.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I am ignoring you(and you are aware of it as I informed you), I thought I'd just remind you just so that you don't take silence as a victory and so that others know why I am no longer addressing you.

Toodles.
Lol.

Phylax

Perhaps you should take the blinkers off and realise even the US program doesn't work and that's the minority, it's also not mandatory, they still can hire the best person for the job regardless.
. Now throw it in a country where they are trying to squeeze ten into one job.
Where the biggest employer is the government, where every company has to do it with threats of fines and being ostracized. It's almost as if it's a law to punish a certain race not actually improve the lives of the ones they are supposed.
I
Which one teaches reading with comprehension? Hint: that would be the one you need.

Are you able to read with comprehension? If so then explain to me how the below line is not the same as what the lady who refused the tenant did?

"For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates."

Not only am I told before hand that I don't need to apply because I'm a white sub-human but at the same time that I'm not allowed to identify as African, because I'm not black enough.

According to you this is not racist or discriminating at all as white people deserves to be excluded because of Apartheid and the supposed benefits we got from it.

Nothing can justify race based employment as it is racist and discriminating, yet you are in full support of this and yet YOU are the one talking about ingrained racial attitudes...really?!

Ponderer

Executive Member

Toodles.
LMAO
Again. :laugh:

Phylax

Unemployment is lowest among white people in this country so you're talking nonsense.

View attachment 1171776

A low unemployment rate is a bad thing?
A low unemployment rate is a reason to discriminate against white people?
A low unemployment rate is a justification to have race specific jobs only reserved for black people?

Since when should measurements be put in place to prevent white people to get a job just because other white people have jobs?

Why is it an issue that the unemployment rate is low among white people?!