'Race specific' client, agent reject Cape Town man's apartment rental query, agency drops landlord

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Osei interviewed on 5FM,

Why are there foreign software engineers in SA when there are plenty available in SA?

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
The first reply in this thread brought up AA not me. I don't argue red herrings, it is not the point we were pursuing. Try keep up, CD.

Ah, the usual, never answer the reply that I did to your post. Always deflect elsewhere and then blame the questioner for not being on target.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
More like actions have consequences...
And hence the country is broke, unemployment is 35%, ratings are ****, SAA is ****, load shedding, corruption, state capture ... etc etc

Yea.. when you don't learn from the past. Consequences of having a **** government/liberation movement

Senor

That person whose property it is has every right to choose who to exclude.

Many black women will only consider marrying black man, so they are racist as well?.... Let's rather talk about that

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Thats what I said.

She might just had some bad experience with a certain race. It has nothing to do with racism, but we want to make it racism.

Hating a certain race and not want to rent to a certain race is not the same at all.

I am sure if she had bad experience with white people it will be the same argument.

Yeah dude that is kinda what racism is. Pretty much exactly. :ROFL:

Moosedrool

Executive Member
Will end up being a black owner, and blah blah blah can't be racist...

The agent is literally saying I'm sorry the owner is a racist and doesn't want to rent to you.

Talking about killing the f#cken messenger.

This nonsense about her having to say something different is also problematic. Just say it as it is. It's great how free speech can point actual real bigots in society.

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
I've had white tenants, I've had black tenants.

Black tenants burnt the kitchen counter in one of my flats.
Black tenants moved in 10+ people into a 2 person flat, and I had to kick them out.
Black tenants turned another flats garden into a sofa area, with rugs etc. In rainy season, also same tenants police had to be called to stop arguments. Kicked them out.
Black tenant didn't pay rent, sob stories for another month, painfully kicked him out, and was out a tenant for the rest of the year (student area, lets are typically start of term, and little else after that).

White tenants - not so many difficulties, other than some complaining from kids first time away from mommy/daddy that I should come replace light bulbs. Nope, thats on you.

Very few colored tenants, and they've always been polite.

I won't rent to religious nuts, so no fervent [insert religion here]. Anyone says I'm a good christian can **** right off.

Overall white tenants have been the easiest, black tenants the worst. YMMV.
I'll still rent to most people that pass a credit check (except for religious types, as they're often nutcases).

JustAsk

Expert Member
And hence the country is broke, unemployment is 35%, ratings are ****, SAA is ****, load shedding, corruption, state capture ... etc etc

Yea.. when you don't learn from the past. Consequences of having a **** government/liberation movement
...and if everything fails, play them cards.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
The agent is literally saying I'm sorry the owner is a racist and doesn't want to rent to you.

Talking about killing the f#cken messenger.

This nonsense about her having to say something different is also problematic. Just say it as it is. It's great how free speech can point actual real bigots in society.
Agent was a twat for saying it in the first place. How make friends and influence people.. she should read the book.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
It's true poor people are reproducing at a higher rate, with black people being the majority.

But wait, you and your cabal told me the reproduction rate is the same when I produced this graph:

SAs-population-1910...png