'Race specific' client, agent reject Cape Town man's apartment rental query, agency drops landlord

Gyre

Expert Member
What is the family size different between blacks and rest of SA. 1% of 4million is a lot less then 1% of 45m . So the maths would show.. decrease the 45m first for bigger impact.

I know how maths works, I just got the impression that we care more about the 4 million demographic since we are constantly raising how they're victimized and how other races are breeding a lot.

Gyre

Expert Member
The poor noob agent obviously didnt get the memo.

She was supposed to say that the place had just been rented out.

Thats the way its done in Cape Town white suburbia.

I know many home owners who have this policy with agencies.

Casual racism in cape town? Shocked.

eddie-murphy-shocked.gif

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Tyson Properties said they would be taking legal action against Johnson as it appeared she had tried to conclude the deal for the specific listing, of her own accord, under their banner.

“Tyson Properties does not condone or tolerate any form of racism among our partners, colleagues and clients. We are horrified to learn of the actions of an ex-employee, Gabriella Johnson. We refuse to work with racist landlords and after being made aware of this situation, we immediately removed this property from our listings.

“Following a disciplinary hearing, Johnson resigned from the group a week ago. We understand that she then joined another real estate brand as a franchisee. She was instructed to send any enquiries to the new team (in the area). The tenant advised that she falsely acted this week – responding to him as though she was still in the employment of Tyson Properties – and we are engaging with our legal team on this matter,” a spokesperson said.

I have so many things to say, but I am not going to.

Phylax

Why don't you (personally you) pull up your socks and make an effort to improve your poverty? I heard this in Conservative forums so just passing it on.

Great analytical thought their einstein.

If the illegitimate NP government were not as discriminating & racist, and growing the country... we would not have so many race issues. But if your government goes heavy handed toward everyone except 1 race... then yea.

Baby steps, but i think you starting to grasp it.
So two wrongs makes a right now?

Because the racist NP government did it, the ANC is also allowed to have racist and discriminating laws?

You guys are smoking the same stuff the "illegitimate NP government" did and this is making you high on racism and discrimination!

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
So two wrongs makes a right now?

Because the racist NP government did it, the ANC is also allowed to have racist and discriminating laws?

You guys are smoking the same stuff the "illegitimate NP government" did and this is making you high on racism and discrimination!
Thank you pointing the 2 wrongs doesn't make a right to him. Scary that people think that way. Instead of a better SA for everyone.. nah.

He doesn't even see it. ANC = "Illegitimate NP government". Or he does but he is ANC supporter, so it's all good. But you can't refer to his race then he cries racism. But everyone else is fair game.

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
I do every day , and i am pretty good at it, not pleading poverty.

I just dont have patience for self pity from a privileged majority that doesnt mind racism when it suites them and cries fowl when things dont go their way.

That was not my post. Someone here edited my post to read what was posted to you. This was my post:

BEE, AA and EE. The racist employment legislation you refuse to acknowledge the existence of.

Post #329 that it links to. I believe I have a case to report to the mods.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I think AfriForum should start asking questions about what Osei is doing in SA taking up a job that could be filled by a South African. Watch him drop all his threats when his backhand dealings start getting exposed...
A lazy, entitled local looking to Afriforum to fight his battles? And he wonders why Osei is here earning the big bucks.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
A low unemployment rate is a bad thing?
I never said that
A low unemployment rate is a reason to discriminate against white people?
I never said that
A low unemployment rate is a justification to have race specific jobs only reserved for black people?
I never said that
Since when should measurements be put in place to prevent white people to get a job just because other white people have jobs?

Why is it an issue that the unemployment rate is low among white people?!
Because @LetsDance said white men were being starved out of jobs. This just shows he is wrong and talking nonsense

MightyQuin

Not amused...
Great analytical thought their einstein.

If the illegitimate NP government were not as discriminating & racist, and growing the country... we would not have so many race issues. But if your government goes heavy handed toward everyone except 1 race... then yea.

Baby steps, but i think you starting to grasp it.

More like actions have consequences...
So...it IS all about revenge. Gotcha.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
My skin color excludes me from a lot of economic opportunity in this country so why should i care if some black dude doesn't get to take advantage of his black privilege.
Because how is anything ever going to get better if we keep on doing it.

Phylax

I never said that

I never said that

I never said that

Because @LetsDance said white men were being starved out of jobs. This just shows he is wrong and talking nonsense
Read this:
For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.

How is this not "starving" white men out of jobs?
White men are literally told not to apply as they will not be considered, taking away the opportunity of a deserving white male to find employment just for being white...

Cosmik Debris

Honorary Master
Stating that a client can be denied a contract based on race is pretty much the definition of racism. It's a touchy subject in this country as it was law for so many years and the country is trying to move away from that.

By legislating racist employment and economic activity laws while officially vilifying a single demographic?

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Read this:
For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.

How is this not "starving" white men out of jobs?
White men are literally told not to apply as they will not be considered, taking away the opportunity of a deserving white male to find employment just for being white...
Some people here will tell you it's not racist... (and support AA/BEE)

Some Eejit

Iceland guy in jail? And who has just resigned because of a subordinate? Let's see if you know...

When is any SA politician going to resign or go to jail?

Funny how you choose a non EU member state with a population of less than 400,000 as your example of how things are done in Europe. Also, I don't believe any Icelandic politicians were jailed, but I may be wrong on that.