'Race specific' client, agent reject Cape Town man's apartment rental query, agency drops landlord

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Was the ANC/EFF interference runner DM'ed to come to the aid of those being told the facts? And you don't have any counters or contributions to the facts? Just your usual inane comment?
No, it is always your facts that I find irresistible, I go weak at the knees every time you do your thing.

Last edited:

MrGyre

Executive Member
Ag shem....who's playing the victim again?
king-kong-chest-pound.gif

Calkem

What I see here is something similar to a hypothetical event where Avis refuses to rent out their car to Lewis Hamilton....

Maybe even closer to Judge Mabel Jansen

Last edited:

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master

Estate agency watchdog to investigate racism allegations against Cape Town company​

On Monday, the EAAB said: “The EAAB can confirm that Mr Osei has registered a complaint via the EAAB online service on October 21 2021 at 6.58pm and received an automated response acknowledging his complaint. An investigator from the EAAB head office in Johannesburg will be dispatched to Cape Town to co-ordinate the investigation.”

EAAB CEO Mamodupi Mohlahla said in the statement that discrimination in any form was unacceptable and “it was time to clamp down on rental racism in the property sector”.

“From the details publicised in the media, both the owner of the property and the authorised agency are bordering on criminality by knowingly leasing apartments to whites only. South African law is clear that discriminating against anyone on the grounds of race, religion and gender, among others, is strictly prohibited,” said Mohlahla.

“We take very seriously this complaint and will conduct a thorough investigation into not only the agency and the agent but also to ascertain the extent of rental racism in the province. We will pursue this matter to the fullest extent of the law to ensure that the property sector understands that such practices will not be tolerated,” she said.

Good.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
This Live Real Estate, going by their public statements, are still puzzling me, so they never had a contract with Johnson?

Live Real Estate chief executive, Brendan Miller, issued a statement stating that Johnson had not been employed by them at the time when she had attempted to conduct the leasing of the apartment.

“I am happy to confirm the outcome of (Tuesday’s) meeting with Johnson and our legal teams. The chairperson ruled that no employment contract existed between Live Real Estate and Johnson, and at no such time, could have presented herself as an employee of Live Real Estate.

“At the time of the incident between Johnson and Osei, Johnson was unlawfully engaged in soliciting a tenant for a listing that was mandated by Tyson Properties.

“On the question of her purchasing a Live Real Estate Franchise, the offer had not yet been signed at the time of the incident.

“Based on the occurrences of the past week, I can confirm that we will not be signing a franchisee contract with Johnson,” said Miller.

however, it does indicate the possibility that Johnson may have lied about her employment status, and was never in the capacity to broker the deal, but I am also sure that this would have all been above board should there have been no racial issue.

So, on whose books are the landlord, Tyson Properties?

EDITED: I didn't read the entire article,

Tyson Properties had previously said they would be taking legal action against their former employee Johnson who “attempted to conclude the deal for the specific listing, of her own accord, under their banner when she falsely acted and responded to Osei as if she were still in their employ despite resigning from the company a week prior”.

in conclusion, it seems that Johnson was a rogue agent, or so she is made out to be.

surface

Honorary Master
Without getting into the politics, this is how many schools were outside towns and cities. Imagine a school with learner population of over 800 sharing 9 or 10 classes.
What I genuinely don't understand the personal offence taken by huge many myBB members when someone mentions anything like this about apartheid. Why would they be offended ? Are we accusing them of causing it ? It is very strange behavior.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
What I genuinely don't understand the personal offence taken by huge many myBB members when someone mentions anything like this about apartheid. Why would they be offended ? Are we accusing them of causing it ? It is very strange behavior.
Strange indeed. But don't forget many were fully embedded into the system. Control of info flow was done exceptionally well in those days.