Racist Magic: The Gathering cards banned, removed from database by publisher

rietrot

Honorary Master
Probably the best one. "Stone-throwing devil" also banned.

I hope they can explain how that is a racist card.

Binary Bark

Forging

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Dunno, have looked at some of his other work. Hitler Jesus.

View attachment 859497
No, but that doesn't mean all other cards should be invalidated if they've been accepted for years.
Reason like:
Ordered alphabetically and by release date, the card has been assigned the ID 1488 in Gatherer, an unfortunate coincidence
Shouldn't be entertained, soon we'll just have to blacklist all IDs of 1488, let's hope MS SQL and MariaDB come out with patches to handle it for all the devs that have to deal with SJW scenarios.

SoldierMan

Expert Member
You can't be serious. This is going well beyond overreaction now. Everyone jumping on the stupid PC train.

wbot

Expert Member
Probably the best one. "Stone-throwing devil" also banned.

I hope they can explain how that is a racist card.
Apparently it's a very obscure racial slur against Arabs or Muslims. Apparently.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I read their socials, MTG have buckled under the political pressure,

and once the 'white privilege' (you know, Sorcery) card was pointed out, minutes within their announcement they responded,

Now I have to ask, are J. R. R. Tolkien, Andrzej Sapkowsk and others work also going to be abolished, adapted or cleansed?
The problematic thing for me is, are they now admitting they were always racist or is this a thing of times have changed it was fine last year but now it's wrong?

rustypup

Expert Member
For some reason they're attacking fringe cards but ignoring Drow?

Nemoneiros

Executive Member

tp3to

If you can't see why Invoke Prejudice is racist then you are part of the problem.

There are definitely some cards on the remove list that's stretching but I do not think its a bad idea to relook at all the designs and remove cards that are either political or target a specific race or group.

While we do live in an overly PC world, we do need to see what requires change.