racist ringtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunny

Expert Member
Wait wait I see a new clause in the electronic communitation interception act.
All bluetooth transfers need to be logged and be unereaseable.....

ernstn

Expert Member
It does not matter what other people do. I am Afrikaans and would be disgusted to be associated with something like that. Two wrongs NEVER make a right.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
ernstn said:
It does not matter what other people do. I am Afrikaans and would be disgusted to be associated with something like that. Two wrongs NEVER make a right.
Quite right.

@mynaamis, so you condone this kind of thing in this day and age?

mynaamis

Banned
im just stating what i observe.

and i know two wrongs dont make a right... all im saying is
GVT get your f@#%ing act together

MaD

Expert Member
"It is a minority who participate in promoting this, and such views are not the reflection of the majority."

They got THAT right.

.geek

Expert Member
mynaamis said:
im just stating what i observe.

and i know two wrongs dont make a right... all im saying is
GVT get your f@#%ing act together
Again, another thread completely off topic. This has nothing to do with the Government.

kingmonty

Expert Member
this is disgusting - it is not only racist but unlawful in terms of inciting violence.

@mynaamis: 1 boer 1 bullet is termed as hate speech and in effect unlawful as well.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
First the painting of statues and now this ... is it some sort of perverse therapy to get over their loss of status in the new South Africa ???.

Ag shampies.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
I've listened to that tone, I'm not from CT tho, it sounds like a smurf which sings it, it's just been speed up, I didn't even think about racism when listening to it. But I get that it's wrong :)

Freshy-ZN

Executive Member
Making people barefoot ski behind my bakkie is something im itching to try out. Difference between me and the people who created/enjoy that ringtone is I want to try it out on a burglar/hijacker/rapist and I dont care what colour of the rainbow they may be.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
mynaamis said:
but when the anc shouted one boer one bullet, that wasnt racist...
Yes many things was said and done on both sides but that was in the past.

The ANC now has branches and members in tradionally white areas as well incl those from the "evil and racist" National Party ... that does not seem to have been a problem to these new members or the ANC.

Also one white ANC member (Lorna Scott from Stillbaai) had to ask the police for protection when her home was attacked by racist thugs and the word "k.... lover" was spraypainted on her car.

Black people have moved on but others have seemingly not.

Waron

If anyone knows who created this ringtone, they should forward that information to their local police station.

tibby.dude

Executive Member
ic said:
IMO it would be more accurate to say that the majority of black people have abandoned thoughts of racism, but in every community there will [statistically speaking] still be those that cling to racist thoughts - no matter what colour they happen to be born with, all we South Africans can hope for, is that the lingering racists are a minority in each community - otherwise our collective society is destined for another horrible racist war.
Fortunately that is the small minority but incidents like these grabs the headlines.

I seem to recall a similiar incident regarding a song by a Zulu playwright who slammed Indians for their attitudes towards blacks in KZN ... he got slammed in the press and his work got banned from the SABC.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
tibby.dude said:
Fortunately that is the small minority but incidents like these grabs the headlines.

I seem to recall a similiar incident regarding a song by a Zulu playwright who slammed Indians for their attitudes towards blacks in KZN ... he got slammed in the press and his work got banned from the SABC.
I remember that too...

.geek

Expert Member
Waron said:
If anyone knows who created this ringtone, they should forward that information to their local police station.
..and then what? Collect R100 prize?

charl.voster

tibby.dude said:
First the painting of statues and now this ... is it some sort of perverse therapy to get over their loss of status in the new South Africa ???.
It's been going round for months. "The Cape Argus " is wrong - nothing new about it at all.

Highflyer_GP

Honorary Master
charl.voster said:
Don't knock it until you hear it. It's hilarious!
<sarcasm> Yeah I'm sure you'd find it hilarious too if a racial ringtone came out about afrikaners who haven't yet evolved to wearing shoes in public. Or the infamous one boer, one bullet line. </sarcasm>

The bottom line is whether not somebody finds it hilarious, it borders on hate speech. And that goes for people of all races, this racial crap has got to stop. I don't find it amusing at all that people can still make jokes out of it and then expect the country to progess.

Last edited:

Waron

@charl.voster - Your cavalier attitude towards this subject is sickening.

.geek

Expert Member
How is it sickening? 'Cos it's not the same attitude as yours..

Status
Not open for further replies.