Radeon RX Vega cards – South African price comparison

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
A comparison is where you compare the prices of one or more things across different vendors or even different countries. A listing is where you simply list what the prices are.

This is just a listing.

DTBA

Expert Member
Wait what I can get a 1080 for the price of a RX 56 :erm::sick: I was looking forward to good prices... but SA

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I think graphics cards are becoming a joke, unless you want to game higher than 1080p, a lot of cards are ridiculous. Can't beleive folks drop so much money on graphics cards.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I think graphics cards are becoming a joke, unless you want to game higher than 1080p, a lot of cards are ridiculous. Can't beleive folks drop so much money on graphics cards.
They have been this expensive for a while.

The thing with graphics cards is that they can pay for themselves and then some. So not only do you get the benefit of the graphics card but it actually makes money for you.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Wait what I can get a 1080 for the price of a RX 56 :erm::sick: I was looking forward to good prices... but SA
1080 only does 25mh and rx can do above 35mh :p

It is not about how much frames they produce anymore, it is all about the hashes!

Kosmik

Honorary Master
They have been this expensive for a while.

The thing with graphics cards is that they can pay for themselves and then some. So not only do you get the benefit of the graphics card but it actually makes money for you.
I dunno, my understanding and even from old bitcoin mining days, it takes a long time to generate even a single bitcoin via home mining. Unless you have a dedicated rig, it's not worth it. I'm talking about the avg gamer @ home.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I dunno, my understanding and even from old bitcoin mining days, it takes a long time to generate even a single bitcoin via home mining. Unless you have a dedicated rig, it's not worth it. I'm talking about the avg gamer @ home.
Nobody mines bitcoin directly. You mine other coins and you can then exchange those for bitcoin (if you want).

Swa

Honorary Master
Looking at some reviews it appears the two cards can do between 32-35MH/s. Not really worth it if you're looking at mining, but I might get one for my PC one day when the prices drop.

PS: Lot's of people are simply calculating the hashrate from the memory bandwidth and getting figures of 100MH/s. That doesn't work as HBM has been extremely ineffective at mining.