hj007

Expert Member
Why cancel at all? Isn't that the point of vaccination and just denying entry to people that are positive? 36 out of thousands? Makes no sense to me to close since workplaces will have similar outbreaks in future...

C4Cat

Honorary Master
No I'm being serious, imagine being a teenager having to wear a face diaper all the time, you want to meet people and hook up but you're scared of this virus, always worried about catching covid or even spreading it to your family. Matric dance, parties and events cancelled. Always the threat of being part of some super spreader event, it kinda kills the vibe.
Yeah, I can't really feel that sorry for them honestly. Given the things teenagers have had to deal with in years gone by, this is really nothing more than a slight inconvenience.

dusi

Yeah, I can't really feel that sorry for them honestly. Given the things teenagers have had to deal with in years gone by, this is really nothing more than a slight inconvenience.

I don't know, in the 90's we had the satanic panic, threat of hiv and the hole in the ozone layer.. that was a walk in the park compared to covid. Unless you referring to teenagers in the second world war or something then I agree.

daveza

Honorary Master
Us teenagers of the 60's had to worry about herpes, syphilis and gonorrhea.

At least Covid doesn't make your dick turn green or fall off.....

Oh, and there were communists in the bushes.

grok

Honorary Master
Any charges against these persons? Their actions are causing massive losses to the country. A percentage of cost to assist one patient in hospital due to covid, as a fine, will stop these types of stupidity.
So, since we sending out invoices now.. who's going to pay for our 2020 losses?

China says no, so who should I address my demands to?

Daveogg

Expert Member
There were two flights that landed in the Netherlands of 600 total passengers and 61 tested positive. I'm guessing most were vaccinated to travel, so that's 10% from the group who were probably unaware and asymptomatic. So I'm guessing at least 10% of the vaxxed population is covid positive.

This rage festival picked up 36 people that were positive, out of probably a few thousand and everyone attending needed to be vaxxed. But I think they had on site testing, so most people probably already had a test done elsewhere.
That is a big jump in logic, we know nothing about these patients. Perhaps they were on a tour group and spent the last two weeks together in a tour bus?
But if you are correct and 10% of the vaxxed had infection but no disease - that's a great advert for the vaccines.

I have been saying for a while, everyone is going to get infected - its no longer if but when, and with what protection you take to the disease.

The Darkness

Expert Member
I'd love to see the parameters that are the basis for cancelling an event like this. Those positive numbers are minuscule compared to the gross amount of attendees. One should surely presume that at any event there'd be numerous cases amongst the 'healthy'. This feels like a cash grab. Could it be?

dusi

That is a big jump in logic, we know nothing about these patients. Perhaps they were on a tour group and spent the last two weeks together in a tour bus?
But if you are correct and 10% of the vaxxed had infection but no disease - that's a great advert for the vaccines.

I have been saying for a while, everyone is going to get infected - its no longer if but when, and with what protection you take to the disease.

True, we may never know how many vaccinated people are asymptomatic but these situations where a group of people are forced to be tested could provide some clues but probably not accurate if extrapolated to a larger population.

Hush9300

Expert Member

I agree, so what's the point of these proposed mandates other than to say it is socially acceptable to get Covid after vaccination but not when unvaccinated?

Kawak

Expert Member
The organizers prohibiting unvaxxed people from entering?
Agreed, the country is suffering massive losses due to all the lockdowns and prohibiting people from going on holidays. The tourism and entertainment sectors have been decimated.

huh ? Did you read the article ?
Yea, and you think putting them in quarantine is enough? I was young once and knows that if I can get away with stuff, I will party with friends, peer pressure is the worst enemy here and we all want fun, there is however responsibility that needs to be learned.

Kawak

Expert Member
Yes, protect them from themselves and create a COVID free race.

View attachment 1204874
Force them to be responsible so we protect society, the rage attendees wants to be treated like adults, how about they start acting like one, for starters, stop fraudulently entering a premises that bans one for having a contagious disease.

Kawak

Expert Member
So, since we sending out invoices now.. who's going to pay for our 2020 losses?

China says no, so who should I address my demands to?
Let's get some evidence, even china will have to pay a fitting price for killing 5million plus people, however massive they may be.

EvoX

I'd love to see the parameters that are the basis for cancelling an event like this. Those positive numbers are minuscule compared to the gross amount of attendees. One should surely presume that at any event there'd be numerous cases amongst the 'healthy'. This feels like a cash grab. Could it be?
It could be, I’m sure/hope some people will investigate it further. If they had similar clauses with their various suppliers they could be taking in quite a bit.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Yea, and you think putting them in quarantine is enough? I was young once and knows that if I can get away with stuff, I will party with friends, peer pressure is the worst enemy here and we all want fun, there is however responsibility that needs to be learned.
You mentioned charges against them. How do you know if they had absolutely no idea they got the virus without them knowing in the time period they travelled ?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I wonder how many fully vaxxed people are walking around carrying the virus completely unaware.
LOts. As Prof Karrim said months ago, the ones we need to worry about are those that are sick and don't know it, which then means the real people we should be worrying about are all those that are vaxxed and are now asymptomatic carriers of the bug.

RaptorSA

Executive Member
Force them to be responsible so we protect society, the rage attendees wants to be treated like adults, how about they start acting like one, for starters, stop fraudulently entering a premises that bans one for having a contagious disease.

Agreed.
Even better, to protect society from mediocrity I suggest we start with the source of it all... genetics.... let's fine tune breeding and create a race of people that's just "better".

We can call them the Uber Menschen.

C4Cat

Honorary Master
I don't know, in the 90's we had the satanic panic, threat of hiv and the hole in the ozone layer.. that was a walk in the park compared to covid. Unless you referring to teenagers in the second world war or something then I agree.
Depends on where you were a teenager and the level of wealth and privilege but I admit the 90s were a relatively easy decade in South Africa

Kawak

Expert Member
You mentioned charges against them. How do you know if they had absolutely no idea they got the virus without them knowing in the time period they travelled ?
They need to be vaccinated and have a negative test, the only way out of this is a false negative, very easy to tell apart from fraudulent report.

Kawak

Expert Member
Agreed.
Even better, to protect society from mediocrity I suggest we start with the source of it all... genetics.... let's fine tune breeding and create a race of people that's just "better".

We can call them the Uber Menschen.
If you believe you can tell what's better genetically or even functionally, go ahead.

neoprema

Executive Member
Shows the pointlessness of vaccine mandates as I believe everyone had to be vaccinated and show a negative test before they were allowed entrance to a venue.
No the vaccines are fine and the mandates. We need to move off the "oh you're infected" counting. We have to move past counting positive tests otherwise we're going to be stuck in a circle with this idiocy in the world forever...