Dan C

Honorary Master
They need to be vaccinated and have a negative test, the only way out of this is a false negative, very easy to tell apart from fraudulent report.
Since when do you get charged from being tested positive if you do not know about it ? Nothing to do with vax in this case. Are you perhaps an ex military corporal ?

Kawak

Expert Member
Since when do you get charged from being tested positive if you do not know about it ? Nothing to do with vax in this case. Are you perhaps an ex military corporal ?
Maybe actually read?

In addition to requiring vaccinations, festival-goers must also provide a negative Covid-19 test.

Kawak

Expert Member
You are not getting the what the article is about. It's screening people and doing a good job. Not putting teenagers into jail ... FFS.
Just do read the silver lining each and every time, this does include all ANC corruption, nepotism and eskom coal contracts as well as state capture, doing a good job will not include needing contact tracing of attendees, it shows that someone made it through even with a negative test.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Just do read the silver lining each and every time, this does include all ANC corruption, nepotism and eskom coal contracts as well as state capture, doing a good job will not include needing contact tracing of attendees, it shows that someone made it through even with a negative test.
I'd rather argue with someone intelligent.

Daveogg

Expert Member
I agree, so what's the point of these proposed mandates other than to say it is socially acceptable to get Covid after vaccination but not when unvaccinated?
The point has nothing to do with social acceptability, unless that is your concern, but all to do with how much resources is your infection going to consume.

I am very happy for you to endure your infection vaxxed or unvaxxed at home affecting noone else.

RVQ

Expert Member
Interesting that so many tested positive, curious if these were people that got the vax the day before, or second vax more than two weeks before the event, or if they bought their vax card from an ANC cadre?

Sad that it had to be cancelled not because of the responsible kids that took the vax to attend but because dumb arse anti-vaxxers lives are at stake, I would rather see it go on along with all other events and no restrictions, move unvaccinated to the back of hospital queues and have life move on!

Hush9300

Expert Member
The point has nothing to do with social acceptability, unless that is your concern, but all to do with how much resources is your infection going to consume.

Ok I’ll bite. If it is not about social acceptance then why the exclusion of the unvaccinated from certain social norms even if not infected?

I am very happy for you to endure your infection vaxxed or unvaxxed at home affecting noone else.

How would you know though? Vaccinated won’t be tested for admission.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
“We don’t believe you can scare youth into vaccinating. They’re aware that they mostly present relatively asymptomatic,” Walsh said.

luckily asymptomatic people can't spread covid to, i don't know, their friends, people in the shops, their parents, their grandparents, etc.

oh wait...

BadBoyGP

I honestly don't remember this, I mean is it something like Spring Break? I mean back when I finished we just went on a holiday for a few weeks.
When I finished I went to work part time at a cash and carry

BadBoyGP

While I was still in school I was working at the Sunday times and at a Chicken Perfect, that's how I managed to pay for my matric farewell and the holiday. Also my college, my car and my petrol
Hard work creates character

Lupus

Honorary Master
Hard work creates character
It does :), I could pay for my own things from 16, the Sunday times job I literally lucked into though. I was in our schools media center when the teacher asked if I would be interested in an interview for a part time job at the Sunday times, I was like sure why not. Turned out it was great for a school goer, though I did lose my Saturdays and my Sundays were at Chicken Perfect.

The Plett Rage festival has been cancelled.

Organisers said on Thursday that the alarming number of positive cases were being reported to them by customers from their hometown, due to them being required to take the mandatory PCR beforehand.

"Almost all schools set to attend Plett Rage have positive cases. Based on the trajectory of this virus, this is only a tiny percentage of what we are now certain will show up. The numbers are only going to increase rapidly," they said.

"Although we, as organisers, have implemented the most stringent Covid-19 preventive measures, there was no way to preempt the devastation that the current surge of Covid-19 cases nationally would cause."

On Tuesday, it was announced that the Ballito Rage festival had been cancelled after 36 people tested positive for Covid-19.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
The Plett Rage festival has been cancelled.

Organisers said on Thursday that the alarming number of positive cases were being reported to them by customers from their hometown, due to them being required to take the mandatory PCR beforehand.

"Almost all schools set to attend Plett Rage have positive cases. Based on the trajectory of this virus, this is only a tiny percentage of what we are now certain will show up. The numbers are only going to increase rapidly," they said.

"Although we, as organisers, have implemented the most stringent Covid-19 preventive measures, there was no way to preempt the devastation that the current surge of Covid-19 cases nationally would cause."

On Tuesday, it was announced that the Ballito Rage festival had been cancelled after 36 people tested positive for Covid-19.

Parallel thread:

hexagon

Expert Member
Funny enough, there is still people that believe this to be true. Right here on myBB and advocates for mandatory vaccinations.

Martin Kingston, Chair, Business for SA,
May he have an imminent and intimate encounter with Anubis.