Rain’s 50GB LTE-A deal is excellent value for money

cavedog

Honorary Master
One thing that these Rain LTE deals have in common is Digital Planet. Who are they and they way the consultants are talking as if the service is with them through your select service provider....

Both Webafrica and AFrihost uses digital planet and I think to be honest ALL the Rain LTE deals and router are coming from digital planet.... So who are they and how did they get involved? :confused:

Thor

Honorary Master
Still waiting on mine.

Stuck on non existent debit orders

cavedog

Honorary Master
Still waiting on mine.

Stuck on non existent debit orders
Won't be a problem. The order gets stuck on order placed but take a day or 2 for digital planet to phone and confirm delivery. The delay with the debit order will be when your sim gets activated and they debit you. That will be when you will verify the debit order.

DailyTech

Sorry, but I got a router today. The old Cell C Sim still had some data on it, so I tested.
30ms ping, 60Mbps + down, and 20Mbps + upstream. Then put the WA sim in.
Disaster!
Speed started at 39/9 and ping over 200ms !
and progressively got worse !

Rain are just i-Burst, which are 2-star on speedtest, throttling merrily away !! a disgusting "isp"

Thor

Honorary Master
Won't be a problem. The order gets stuck on order placed but take a day or 2 for digital planet to phone and confirm delivery. The delay with the debit order will be when your sim gets activated and they debit you. That will be when you will verify the debit order.
That's not what the email says nor the reps on the forum nor the clientzone order tracker.

Swa

Honorary Master
Err no. After all the hype launch 25GB + 100GB for R100. Then you can call it competition. As it is it's only people that can't have access to Cell C or Telkom that want Rain.

Petec

Expert Member
I read 500gig. Almost pee'd meself.
Then saw 50gig, and was all like Awwwww

Deadmanza

Honorary Master
One thing that these Rain LTE deals have in common is Digital Planet. Who are they and they way the consultants are talking as if the service is with them through your select service provider....

Both Webafrica and AFrihost uses digital planet and I think to be honest ALL the Rain LTE deals and router are coming from digital planet.... So who are they and how did they get involved? :confused:
Aren't they just the courier?

I called them yesterday and it sounds like they deliver all of the FNB devices as well.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Must you make use of the Huawei B618 WiFi router? Can you not use any LTE device and is this device network locked?

Coverage is very limited and if speed is a problem, why make use of them? Rather use Vodacom which is much faster and have much better coverage!

Last edited:

OneKnight

Must you make use of the Huawei B618 WiFi router? Can you not use any LTE device and is this device network locked?
That question has been asked and answered many times.

The SIM is locked (paired with) to the router, but the router is not network-locked.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Aren't they just the courier?

I called them yesterday and it sounds like they deliver all of the FNB devices as well.
Nope looks like they have a warehouse that keeps the stock and then they distribute it. The company that delivered my router is RAM couriers.

OneKnight

Last edited: