Rain 5G cancellation process tested

op365

Hi there I am from Mybroadband.co.za and we are writing an article on how pain free canceling a service with your company is...

No problem sir, will make sure it goes smoothly and you will not have to email us continuously, do follow up phone calls or go into the bank to cancel our debit order (and then fight to get back the money)...

The power of mybroadband.co.za!

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Last edited:

shinji

Cancelled my Rain 5G in March while moving to Parys (crappy timing on my side) - tried testing 5G in the dorpie [which surprise doesn't exist, yet 1000Mbps Fibre @ R1500 does...]

Anyway, cancelled service via Web (which was stupid easy and actually worked) and got no bills or surprises there after. Arranged for Router to be picked up the next day (FYI they collect at the address you use to order the first time as the default address) so the courier pitched at the address used in Pretoria.
Quick mail to the Rain Rep had 2 friendly guys from RAM collect the router 2 days later (as per their sms) at my place in Parys.

All in all took me about 10 days (incl. the courier slip up) - still no bill 6 months later.

Telkom however took about 8 months...

Sabatius_the_Great

I cancelled Rain because they debited R479 on my account when they were supposed to debit R250 for the month.

I think it was a wise decision to use another account instead of my main one and have learned never to allow debits on my main account unless it was for something like a bond payment.

But for Internet service and subscriptions, I use accounts from Tymebank and capitec, and just simply transfer the amount that must be paid.

dweb

We cancelled a Rain 5G service — and it was easier than expected

MyBroadband tested Rain’s cancellation process and found it to be simple and effective.

Some of Rain’s competitive advantages include month-to-month Internet access with online sign-ups and easy cancellations.
It's been months when I cancelled with repeated request of where to collect as the address keeps failing to update, and yet rain has not collect their equipment.

eg2505

Honorary Master
maybe MYBB should say, your Mileage may vary at the end of their articles,
as people jump through hoops for Journalists that can sink their company with one wrong word.

almost the same as bloggers, you-tubers and assorted influencers.

BlessedJ

We cancelled a Rain 5G service — and it was easier than expected

MyBroadband tested Rain’s cancellation process and found it to be simple and effective.

Some of Rain’s competitive advantages include month-to-month Internet access with online sign-ups and easy cancellations.

Cancelling is fairly simple but only up to 10 SIM cards, then you are blocked from new sign-ups for life!

Around early 2020 I signed-up for 10 SIM cards (in fact, I needed 18) but was told the limit is 10 per person.

I use them for my different business branches all in remote rural areas.

In some of the branches the performance was pathetic and I ended up cancelling some.

From June 2021 I started seeing technicians working on some RAIN towers in the area and in August I tested the service in that area and the speed tests were great.

I tried to sign-up for one additional service and the system said I have reached my max.

I phoned-in but was told that even the cancelled SIMs will always remain on my profile and I will never be allowed to sign-up for another SIM card again. I was told to find another person (ID) to front in order to sign-up for new a SIM card.

How disgusted and disappointed I am with RAIN as a company advising me to defraud the RICA law.

After all, it was their bad network that prompted me to cancel in the first instance.

Abhorred!!! Shame on RAIN.