Rain 5G is here - Ultra-fast internet for R1,000 per month

Goosfrabba

Really hope this comes to Durban soon, very keen to see what they can offer. Not getting fibre anytime soon and the 4G LTE offerings are getting poorer here by the day

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
So basically 100GB with a FUP that shapes you to hell and back, or the network will be so congested you'd basically have a 10mbps line most of the time
Rain mobile send an email when you do more then 1tb but does not slow you down or cut you off.

R4ziel

Expert Member
Rain mobile send an email when you do more then 1tb but does not slow you down or cut you off.
I've got their Uncapped sim that is off peak, but that is slow as cancer, I'd barely get to do 70GB a month, so if they aren't going to shape you then this will be an excellent deal!

Swa

Honorary Master
Lol called it. This is clearly a broadband offer. Hope they're going to have more affordable capped offers. Also can't see anything on their site about devices. Even the 4G devices have disappeared.

byronsn

Waiting to see some of the selected customers that have been chosen post their speeds and usage. Hopefully Durban will be sooner rather than later. No option for fibre, so have been waiting for this for a while.

Joseph matane

I'm just wondering in 2018 rain said they are going to cover South Africa with fixed-LTE which consist 2000 towers. So this time they are talking about 2000 towers but they are only talking about 8 metropolitans only does this mean secondary cities in other provinces will not be covered ? but last time they used the same number of towers to cover 8 metropolitans and secondary cities or they will also cover small towns especially capital cities in small provinces North West, Northern Cape, Limpopo and Mpumalanga what is going to happen?

Vis1/0N

Expert Member
Can I become a mini ISP for my neighbours? Was talking to the 60+ year old housewives this weekend and they mentioning (woefully) how they can pick up some of their neighbours wifi, and how they keep buying airtime for their data. I was told about another neighbour who approached a neighbour across the road for password.

...the tone on her voice (lol)

Polymathic

Honorary Master
I suspect their network is way too patchy for phones to get a decent signal and require a device with a high powered antenna to get the desired performances