Rain 5G No Signal

Airmidint

Woke up this morning to no internet.
There is no 5G or 4G Signal
Restarted, end reset to default but no joy.
Logged into rain.co.za with phone to check if i can log a call, but cant find anything to work
I get an error when trying the network support link I and I see no Helpdesk contact numbers.

How does one log a call with Rain?

namzsteve

Expert Member
Could be a power outage in the area where your tower is located

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi @Airmidint

My apologies for the inconvenience caused, could you please PM me with the email address that is linked to your rain account.

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Morning all, you will no longer see the 4G light as we have moved to SA on the entire 5G network.

Carl Stilling

RAIN NSA used to be fine . . . with 5G now on SA mode (5G led only with 3bar signal strength) there is no internet ??
What has happened? Winchester Hills JHB (Alan Manor tower)

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
RAIN NSA used to be fine . . . with 5G now on SA mode (5G led only with 3bar signal strength) there is no internet ??
What has happened? Winchester Hills JHB (Alan Manor tower)
Please PM me your details and i will get someone to investigate

Exelon

Morning, 5G is off from about 6:30 this morning, zero signal. Wonderboom South

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Morning, 5G is off from about 6:30 this morning, zero signal. Wonderboom South
We did the SA migration last night, please try a reboot and if it doesn't work, PM me your details and we will reach out solve.

Carl Stilling

Please PM me your details and i will get someone to investigate
OK . . .rebooted again just now (earlier reboots did not help) and now have internet connection but worse speeds than with NSA. Current router position was best previously, but will try alternative positions again to try and improve signal . . .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-09 rain Speedtest.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-09 rain Speedtest.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 31

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
P
OK . . .rebooted again just now (earlier reboots did not help) and now have internet connection but worse speeds than with NSA. Current router position was best previously, but will try alternative positions again to try and improve signal . . .
PM me your details, that looks like 4G, is your 5G light on?

KingBel

Expert Member
Also no 5G signal anymore.. was working this morning, but for the last 2 hours approx. , only my 4G light is shining, and connection has dropped to less than 1Mbps. Have reset twice.. no effect. (Pretoria East area)

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Also no 5G signal anymore.. was working this morning, but for the last 2 hours approx. , only my 4G light is shining, and connection has dropped to less than 1Mbps. Have reset twice.. no effect. (Pretoria East area)

Please provide PM me with the email address that is linked to your rain account. So that I can assist you further

Carl Stilling

P

PM me your details, that looks like 4G, is your 5G light on?
Router is in SA mode with 5G led lit (4G led is off - so definitely in 5G mode). 3bar signal strength is best I can get anywhere on property and this used to give me about 250MBS download speed with LAN cable and about 120MBS via WiFi in NSA mode. Now reduced to about 50MBS in SA mode How do I PM (private message) you? What are your contact details to do so?

Cheers

LazerFazer

Everyone with no 5G signal (@KingBel @Exelon), please check your Network Mode under Internet->Network, ensure it's either Auto or SA. Mine was set to NSA mode and I had no 5G signal. After switching to SA 5G signal came back.