RAIN 5G signal, service and attitude is terrible. Who has had luck with a quick cancellation?

seanjks

All was good until a month ago. Since then my access has been shocking. What is worse, is that I have logged at least 10 support tickets over the last 2 weeks. The only response I got was a single generic copy and paste asking me to reboot my router and move it around. No regard was given to my actual complaint. I am now trying to start the cancellation process with no luck. After raving about the network to friends and family, I now feel like I have sold them into a pyramid scheme. Does Rain actually provide a service or do they just make money by recruiting new members without offering value?

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
All was good until a month ago. Since then my access has been shocking. What is worse, is that I have logged at least 10 support tickets over the last 2 weeks. The only response I got was a single generic copy and paste asking me to reboot my router and move it around. No regard was given to my actual complaint. I am now trying to start the cancellation process with no luck. After raving about the network to friends and family, I now feel like I have sold them into a pyramid scheme. Does Rain actually provide a service or do they just make money by recruiting new members without offering value?
Hi Seanjks,

I sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please DM/PM me your email address linked to your rain profile so i can follow up on your connection query.

almorgs

Feel exactly the same way. And I feel a lot of people feel this way. That when they got the service it was fantastic and the longer they had it the worse it has become.

I've had Rain for over a year and when I first got it, it was fantastic. As soon as I got 4G unlimited it became essentially unusable. I work from home and needed it to do my job. I can't Skype, connect to remote desktops or use Teamviewer.

I basically spend more time turning on my phones hotspot (Vodacom) to get stuff done.

I'm also cancelling my account. That goodness fiber has just rolled out here.

seanjks

Feel exactly the same way. And I feel a lot of people feel this way. That when they got the service it was fantastic and the longer they had it the worse it has become.

I've had Rain for over a year and when I first got it, it was fantastic. As soon as I got 4G unlimited it became essentially unusable. I work from home and needed it to do my job. I can't Skype, connect to remote desktops or use Teamviewer.

I basically spend more time turning on my phones hotspot (Vodacom) to get stuff done.

I'm also cancelling my account. That goodness fiber has just rolled out here.
I used to enjoy running speedtests and gloating at the results. I really was an avid supporter of the network until these issues started. The sad thing is after registering multiple support tickets to no avail over two weeks, I had to create a mybroadband account to try and get some kind of response. Unfortunately, I don't see them offering any kind of SLA and when paying a premium rate of R999 pm, you would expect the product to actually work or at least be reimbursed for service interruptions.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I used to enjoy running speedtests and gloating at the results. I really was an avid supporter of the network until these issues started. The sad thing is after registering multiple support tickets to no avail over two weeks, I had to create a mybroadband account to try and get some kind of response. Unfortunately, I don't see them offering any kind of SLA and when paying a premium rate of R999 pm, you would expect the product to actually work or at least be reimbursed for service interruptions.
Hi Seanjks,

I'd like to apologies profusely for the inconvenience caused.

Kindly note that as per communication on the DM, an agent will contact you as soon as possible to further assist you with your connection query.

thanks.