RAIN 5G UNUSABLE FOR PAST 3 DAYS

scubamut

RAIN, PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH THE INTERNET INTERMITTENTLY GOING DOWN FOR 3 DAYS NOW!

mak2000

Expert Member
RAIN should refund if they cannot maintain a basic level of speed. Afterall this is supposed to be 5G

PhotonFusion

I have had poor Rain service the last 2 weeks. With spurts of good connectivity and complete network failure in-between, sprinkled in.

I have both the 5G and Uncapped LTE options. I am posting this on the LTE because the 5G is completely unusable.
I do not want a refund since there is no other service in my area, I want the service fixed.

Having 350Mb/s connection for 5 minutes a day does not tell me the problem is on my side but on Rain's.
The Router still says its got internet and full 5g signal. Yet rain.co.za does not load and speed.rain.co.za does not run or finish and when it finishes I generally have 1.3Mb/s down and 0.2 Mb/s up.

This has worn me down so much I would be almost be happy with reliable 10 Mb/s Adsl speeds if I can get constant guarantee's service at this speed constantly.

But I average 6 Mb/s and pay R999. Rain could cancel my service but I think the ASA should fine them for false advertising.

I do not get 200 Mb/s as they advertise i get 6 Mb/s. I am in a complete coverage area according to their own website. That is another lie or false advertising because they are not providing the service they say they can and I pay for.

I WANT A NETWORK OUTAGE PAGE. ON IT RAIN CAN THEN PUBLICLY STATE WHAT IS HAPPENING AND IF THEY ARE WORKING ON RESOLUTION.

Also Quarintine has been scaled back and ICT companies are essential services. SO Rain has no excuse not to have staff available to look at the issues.

Rain can we get feedback on the 5G service and resolution time frames?