Rain 5G users - Please do a MyBroadband speed test

Cyprio

Mr Naidoo are you using a gig LAN conection..cable....or AC1200 wifi card?

pinkscorpio68

What are the chances of Rain offering a pro rata billing because their tower is offline? I'm connecting to towers about a kilometer from my house... Hopeful :p

The 4G in the phone can't even connect... :crying:

According to Mobile Signal Debugger (Android) I am in Mayville, I am feeding off a tower in Wonderboom South

cavedog

Honorary Master
What are the chances of Rain offering a pro rata billing because their tower is offline? I'm connecting to towers about a kilometer from my house... Hopeful :p

View attachment 756890

The 4G in the phone can't even connect... :crying:

According to Mobile Signal Debugger (Android) I am in Mayville, I am feeding off a tower in Wonderboom South

Log a case with them. When my tower was down they credited me R350.

Reactions: Yuu

cavedog

Honorary Master
Mine still seem fine.

8858628177.png

DaDon

yip, mine has gone down tremendously as well, from sub 500-600 down to (now) 200, worse case down to like 20 - 40...
View attachment 757252

:mad::mad::mad:

yip, still bad after rebooting EVERYTHING ( pc, router, VOIP devices, phones, laptops, xbox, etc etc etc ) and also fiddling with the position of the router... still not as how it was initially... still :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::crying::crying::crying:

• Wow

cavedog

Honorary Master
View attachment 757270

yip, still bad after rebooting EVERYTHING ( pc, router, VOIP devices, phones, laptops, xbox, etc etc etc ) and also fiddling with the position of the router... still not as how it was initially... still :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek::eek::eek::mad::mad::mad::crying::crying::crying:

Tower related then :(

This is unfortunately just one of the cons with Rain 5G. No constancy. Adverse weather can affect it especially with Indoor CPE units. Power outages means no 5G. CGN.

If you can look past those then well it really works well when it works. For wireless to have no packetloss at 400-600Mbps is pretty epic and if you look at the fibre threads you will see people on Vumatel, Frogfoot and Octotel complaining about packetloss on a 100Mbps line you will realize that Rains 5G is not that bad.

All that said. Call them log a case and ask for a down time credit. They do give the credit for downtime or slow speeds below their acceptable 80Mbps.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Feels like I have been throttled must be honest or very least I am connecting to 4G network due to signal being stronger on the 4G side. My 5G signal was in actual fact better than LTE at one stage. Now it has reversed 4G being better.

pinkscorpio68

I have the same issue, also a tower problem. I've been on there case for nearly 2 weeks now, no joy from Rain.