Rain and storm for Cpt

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Already 29 degrees outside and it's not even 9am yet.

3c9ecc26a0c68012f377b782dce666f9.jpg
:crying: It's already 28 degrees outside
Its perfect. 28 minutes and the first beer will be opened.

#stayhydrated

Tinuva

The Magician
Oh awesome, so that temp is the actual temp as measured by the sensor, not the temp predicted?
Correct, actual temp. Was tricky to get a good spot to get as accurate as possible readings outside. If too close to any sun or something sun shine on, it reads too high.

But yeah actual temp and feels like uses a formula using temp and humidity to get feels like.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Correct, actual temp. Was tricky to get a good spot to get as accurate as possible readings outside. If too close to any sun or something sun shine on, it reads too high.

But yeah actual temp and feels like uses a formula using temp and humidity to get feels like.

In Cape Town the South Easter wind makes a big difference to the 'feels like' temperatures (at least outdoors). Was quite gusty yesterday, not so much today...

Tinuva

The Magician
House also 27 inside, but decided to turn on the 36k btu aircon... And then it tripped the 25a breaker. Gave it a minute and thankfully it started up. Guess it needs a checkup.

dj2381

Expert Member
I see a lot of clouds coming from the west, probably wishful thinking there's anything to it?

WAslayer

Executive Member
My spot also feels like an oven now that all the residual interior cold air is gone. It's going to be miserable indoors tonight if some cooling weather system doesn't come through.
Best get Aircon for the bedroom.. it'll be 31 degrees come 2am..

Tinuva

The Magician
We turned off the lounge ac at 5pm to enjoy the pool with shade, and outside braai and more swimming. But hot damn is it still blazing hot, with heat radiated from stones, brick walls and paving.

Back inside now with the ac back on for the evening and bedrooms will also have ac on full blast.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
One thing which is always unbearable is when it remains hot at sundown. I must say, this day made me miss the Northern Cape. It has been 3 years since I have been away…

AchmatK

Executive Member
We turned off the lounge ac at 5pm to enjoy the pool with shade, and outside braai and more swimming. But hot damn is it still blazing hot, with heat radiated from stones, brick walls and paving.

Back inside now with the ac back on for the evening and bedrooms will also have ac on full blast.
I ventured out to get some food. House is a cool 24° and was hit by a 35° breeze. Didn't even bother to put the roof down of the car as the AC inside was better than driving with the top down.

We did have a lovely sunset. Pic doesn't do it justice though. Can't wait to put some rooms in the roof and have an unobstructed view from the back of the house towards strand. 20220122_200603.jpg