Rain cancelation

Cartman13

Hi, just an update. RAIN, has asked me to PM them. I have done so and they STILL HAVE NOT CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ME. Can the rain representatives respond to this? I think we need to get someone to write an article on this as it seems that many people are falling into this trap.
I also feel MyBB must do an article and warn people. Rain's Support is non existent.

Cartman13

Hi abzo,

Thanks for reaching out.

The upfront payment would only be applicable to plans that are added onto sim ordered through Takealot or CLICKS. It also applies to the 24/7 Unlimited and both 5G plans as well.

Through our website, you'll be able to order a sim that you could either put on a Pay As You Use plan which is at R50 a gig and can be managed by you on your dashboard. This may be a better option to test as it does not have the speed or time limitations that the other plans do. The only downside from your intention would be the absence of the 7 free data days. Your bill would then be dependent on what you have used out of the allocation on your dashboard as opposed to an upfront payment.

Regards,
rain_mobile
Why is this not spelled out on your website????

No where does it say anything about this rule regarding Takealot and Clicks orders?

Ayaz Hassain

I also feel MyBB must do an article and warn people. Rain's Support is non existent.
I agree, how can this be arranged? We obviously do not want other people falling for this trap. It is funny how @rain_mobile has been randomly selecting who to respond to on this thread. They still have not fixed my query (generated a new invoice to bill me for another month as well). They have not given me feedback on my the PM I sent them on the Mybroadband website too. I have to report this to my bank as fraud now, I have no other option, I cannot pay R699 per month and my router is packed up ready to be returned.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Also got charged for a service I didn't use and wasn't able to switch on their useless dashboard
Hi Cartman13,

I apologies dearly for the inconvenience caused.

Please drop me a PM with your email address linked to your rain profile so i can follow up on your bill.

Thanks

Valentino@MB

I had a billing issue in March when I signed up for off peak. They billed me for peak usage of a few gigs, then reversed the none vat portion, but still CHARGED me for the vat portion. Surely if you are a professional company that type of bug is impossible or maybe cleverly designed. I have logged numerous tickets, on the website from my profile, but months later still no response. They cleverly ignored my cancellation email until start of next month then sarcastically told me i need to give a calendars month notice. Fortunately sim is cancelled but that VAT incorrectly charged still no response.

Ayaz Hassain

Let me know of your process. Happy to join
I will, essentially you get a fraud dispute form from the bank, because mine is on a credit card I can dispute the amount. I am with FNB and there is an option on the form to dispute dr orders going off your account if you have cancelled a service. Like I said, I have been asking Rain to cancel for around a month and they still have not, so @rain_mobile leaves us with not much option. I really do think an article needs to be written about this. I cannot imagine how many people are experiencing this, probably 1000's

Anthraxitus

I will, essentially you get a fraud dispute form from the bank, because mine is on a credit card I can dispute the amount. I am with FNB and there is an option on the form to dispute dr orders going off your account if you have cancelled a service. Like I said, I have been asking Rain to cancel for around a month and they still have not, so @rain_mobile leaves us with not much option. I really do think an article needs to be written about this. I cannot imagine how many people are experiencing this, probably 1000's
you have my full support. I cant continue donating R1000 pm to them and not get any service