Rain in trouble for download speed claims

Thor

Honorary Master
Did we not point this out almost every day since launch?

Would've thought MyBB would've taken it up and not leave it for consumers and then report about it after the fact instead of being proactive with the information supplied via the community.

Louis72

Expert Member
No such thing as a free lunch. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Exactly the reason why most of the other established networks didn't dare introduce a true uncapped LTE product yet and rather opted to have tower locking and large caps in place to prevent a tower from falling over during peak periods.
MTN seems to manage this the best considering the high amounts of fixed LTE customers they carry from Supersonic, Afrihost, axxess and their own.

ahf

Good I had to cancel my sim and tower is located 800m from my place....had crappy speeds from them.

Magnum

Expert Member
At work Rain works flawlesly. (I am the only person within 30KM using Rain) Any other place.....Just no.

DailyTech

Similar to Telkom, advertise great speed, data, but I can only get 2-3Mbps, whereas with CellC it was up to 75Mbps

Nod

Executive Member
Is Rain capable of monitoring their network performance in an automated way, or are they testing manually?
There are many automation tools availalabe for network quality testing. They should simply pick one and at least have something for future reference and also to detect issues on the network, but this is like having backups, never required until something goes wrong and the bosses wants to know why it happened.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Is Rain capable of monitoring their network performance in an automated way, or are they testing manually?
There are many automation tools availalabe for network quality testing. They should simply pick one and at least have something for future reference and also to detect issues on the network, but this is like having backups, never required until something goes wrong and the bosses wants to know why it happened.
That would apply across the board for all our networks. Anyone's LTE is inconsistent.

Nod

Executive Member
That would apply across the board for all our networks. Anyone's LTE is inconsistent.
Yeah. There are many factors that contribute to poor performance, but with frequent testing you can at least start to identify the areas affected and do something about it.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Rain, then the Sun comes out.
Enjoy it. Lies and theft have Karma as well.
I love Karma sooooo much :p