Rain is down

Supes

Hope you guys get sorted out as well.
Being relatively new tech, I'm used to the service being a little unstable, but it should at least be unstable on the 5G network.

mrlgm007

Expert Member
Thank you Rain i see the connection has restored and things are looking much better

Internet connection time0 days 1 hours 46 minutes
System run time1 days 7 hours 51 minutes

Ping: 10ms
Download: 504.75Mbps
Upload: 26.5Mbps

Nate_za

Since i get no indication of when the towers will be up again and going for a week now with no service. What is the best alternative to get in terms of mobile data to use in the meantime? Any advice would be great?

mrlgm007

Expert Member
Since i get no indication of when the towers will be up again and going for a week now with no service. What is the best alternative to get in terms of mobile data to use in the meantime? Any advice would be great?
hahahah , i use rain 4G when there is a issue or MTN LTE it all depends on what is the best signal where you are really.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Telkom

Jake45

Expert Member

Usually you can purchase 4GB of Telkom data for R60 which lasts for 30 days on Mo'Nice on a new prepaid SIM card. Dial *123# to see your customised offers. You can buy several 4GB bundles if necessary. If you are expecting a lengthy downtime then you can look at one of their 31 or 61 day bundles.

Attachments

• telkom-lte-fixed-prepaid.jpg
    telkom-lte-fixed-prepaid.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 20

Nate_za

Usually you can purchase 4GB of Telkom data for R60 which lasts for 30 days on Mo'Nice on a new prepaid SIM card. Dial *123# to see your customised offers. You can buy several 4GB bundles if necessary. If you are expecting a lengthy downtime then you can look at one of their 31 or 61 day bundles.
Perfect thank you for all the info, i think i will be getting myself a telkom sim today as those prices are very fair. :thumbsup:

Jake45

Expert Member
Perfect thank you for all the info, i think i will be getting myself a telkom sim today as those prices are very fair. :thumbsup:
If possible try to purchase the SIM card from a Telkom shop (99c). I bought a new SIM two weeks ago from a Telkom shop and the Mo'Nice offers were immediately available. In the past I have had to wait a day or two for them to become available after activating the SIM card.

Don't forget your RICA documents. The Telkom shops are usually very picky about the less than 3 month old proof of residence!

Last edited:

Nate_za

If possible try to purchase the SIM card from a Telkom shop (99c). I bought a new SIM two weeks ago from a Telkom shop and the Mo'Nice offers were immediately available. In the past I have had to wait a day or two for them to become available after activating the SIM card.

Don't forget your RICA documents. The Telkom shops are usually very picky about the less than 3 month old proof of residence!
thank you once again, i was able to get a sim from a telkom shop and they did not even charge me for it, i was also surprised that they did not need the proof of residence but i was prepared. i was able to get the 4gb deal so far keen to just get online again until Rain sorts the damn towers out

Nate_za

another week goes by and still down, i have been online for 2 weeks and down the rest. i understand the teething problems but why not sort out the network stability and towers first before offering more products?

ghostbunny

Still good here in Durban.
9235192645.png

Assasin_Zer0

another week goes by and still down, i have been online for 2 weeks and down the rest. i understand the teething problems but why not sort out the network stability and towers first before offering more products?
Rain be like .. Say what now ? .

Misanthrope

I won't say rain is down but at the rate they're dropping down the list of ISP's they are certainly heading that way.

Cyprio

I usually bitch a moan about Rain ...so yesterday their top customer support guy Faiz called me and we discussed my issues over a 20 minute phone call...they called me back after i left a ticket at their support site....magically overnight all my speeds are up and 5g CPE is working like the day they installed it i average 200-250 Mbps and my other complaint upload speed was fixed...Rain can fix things when there on the right program amazing how when things just work there are no complaints.:):thumbsup: