Rain is on track to hit 1 million customers

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Lol of course he will over sell to further inflate the BS valuation of Rain. Would love know what the revenue and cost per customer is.

wernervn

I canceled my Rain SIM last year. While I'm sure not every single Rain customer can be unhappy, I wonder how many of the 1 million customers are truly happy and won't go somewhere else if they had the option.

I remember when Telkom had millions of fixed-line subscribers, mostly because they had no choice. Now the picture is very different...

Cr4ig

Honorary Master
I cancelled end of January after quite some time with them. No regrets here.

neoprema

Executive Member
I can't bring myself around to call it RAIN, my brain just thinks "iBurst" or "WBS"...

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
Honestly this is nothing more than advertising and creating a false sense of growth to talk about.
The hope then is to create enough buzz in the market to get a higher valuation, they even mention it in the article.
A higher valuation gives you more lending ability and better rates on that lending.
The hope is then to use that extra funding to grow the business into something that actually matches the current valuation.
Rinse and repeat.

The above is known as playing the souffle according to the person who first explained it to me.

Its a swak way to do things, it seldom works well as a long term strategy

human75

I am one who is still fighting with Rain to get his money back! They have over charged me from my credit card but i can not get it reimbursed. Never give your credit card information to Rain.
They just charge you as much they want and getting back your money isn't simple on credit card as simple as debit order!
They have no support at all. You always get automated messages via email.
It is a FAKE COMPANY with FAKE SERVICE. Such a pity they can reach 1 million people to cheat:)

BBSA

Honorary Master
Rain reminds me a lot of iburst.

Maybe this is why :

Wireless Business Solutions and its LTE-A network have been rebranded as Rain, which promises to provide consumers with increased connectivity at affordable prices.