Rain LTE-A SIMs to stop working in smartphones

Bighit

Expert Member
Just after I told a family member to sign up this morning. Now to get them to look at something else. Hoping that MTN will bring back the 50GB for R150 on black friday again.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Wow no more mifi use.... Great I'm canceling. :mad:

Have my R299 sim in my Huawei Mifi that I take to work and stuff but now yeah it will suck.

phly

Expert Member
This just sucks. It has been working great on my MIFI - They should atleast allow MIFI devices and other routers. Mobile phones I understand and I can wait for their mobile offerings but only those select few routers!!! Not Ayoba!

nicbst

It's being marketed as a fixed service...so...

No more 'abuse'...

Swa

Honorary Master
Great, more confusion from these clown wannabees.

ZuluKing

Was about to sign up to Cell C LTE A contract but bought 200GB for 1 year on sim cash instead as I could smell a rat. Works out at nearly the same price per gig
and speed is good enough plus it is mobile Data!!!

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Good god.....how fragile is this network then? :erm::rolleyes:

Archie1

This has always been marketed as fixed LTE. Rain mobile will fill in the gap, although it will inevitably be at a higher price.

Thor

Honorary Master
Just after I told a family member to sign up this morning. Now to get them to look at something else. Hoping that MTN will bring back the 50GB for R150 on black friday again.
Also hoping for that.

Swa

Honorary Master
This has always been marketed as fixed LTE. Rain mobile will fill in the gap, although it will inevitably be at a higher price.
Honestly with the way technology is converging anybody who markets something as "fixed" is still living in the stone age. Let's see how long it takes them to catch up.

F1 Fan

Expert Member
I find the comments in this thread amazing. It has always been marketed as a fixed LTE service, working with specific routers only. They were very clear that RAIN mobile will follow soon.

Now a bunch of okes are whining about the fact that the product is limited to what I was always advertised to be. These same people will probably complain if they had allowed mobile and it ended up impacting the network quality.

Can never win, can you.