RAIN LTE-A: Speedtests

XTM

If this is normal then don't know what will be the normal. Rain LTE 4G R479.00pm Unlimited package.Seems very bad on 10Mbps. Wasn't expecting this to be that low.

Last edited:

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
If this is normal then don't know what will be the normal. Rain LTE 4G R479.00pm Unlimited package.Seems very bad on 10Mbps. Wasn't expecting this to be that low.

Hi @XTM

I will check what might be the issue and PM you.

ny152

Hi @rain_mobile
I am having intermittent issues with my Rain LTE since Sunday morning and I'm hoping you can help. It seems as if your network is blocking connection to some sites, eg I can load google.co.za but google.com times out.
Here is a traceroute which might be of use:

1624442186585.png

This is rather frustrating and the worst part it is an intermittent issue.

Other details:
CellId - 102417669

Please let me know if you need any more details to help investigate.
Thanks!

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi @rain_mobile
I am having intermittent issues with my Rain LTE since Sunday morning and I'm hoping you can help. It seems as if your network is blocking connection to some sites, eg I can load google.co.za but google.com times out.

View attachment 1093893

Other details:
CellId - 102417669

Thanks!
Hi @ny152

Please provide me with your email via PM.

imaphiwe

I don't understand how I'm being throttled. I'm starting to think I'm this list of peer-to-peer because my sim card only works fine between 23:00 and 05:00 then it's unusable. I'm using mobile data this instant. It's doesn't even reach 400kbps on a speedtest.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-154550_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210710-154550_Drive.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 25

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I don't understand how I'm being throttled. I'm starting to think I'm this list of peer-to-peer because my sim card only works fine between 23:00 and 05:00 then it's unusable. I'm using mobile data this instant. It's doesn't even reach 400kbps on a speedtest.
Hi @imaphiwe

Please provide me with your email via PM?

GhostShow

Is anyone running into an issue that they have to reconnect to the tower like once a day? Seems I need to pings time out or go over 1000ms. Once reconnected it runs at 30ms.

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu

Ivan Wheatley

Slightly off topic, what type of antenna do I need for the Huawei router and where do I get it in CT? Have an account at Miro

Thanks

I am only getting 8mb down and 6mb up and suspect it might be a poor signal. Most times all 3 lights are on, but right now only one. The transmitter is about 800m from me line of sight

Edit: Miro only have single pole YAGIs for LTE
I am lucky to get 4 Mbsp with Cell C LTE with a ZTE router. They state that we have to have "line of sight" with NO buildings around!

Hi, everyone

I tried Rain today. All I can say it's atrocious. Virgin Mobile is faster than this. I'm am running 4G, I am within in the 4G coverage area. I'm still waiting to receive the APN settings. I never received it, so I had to manually enter the APN settings according to your website. The speed keeping going up and down, up and down.

Attachments

• horrible speed.png
    horrible speed.png
    89.6 KB · Views: 24
  • better speed.jpg
    better speed.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Dretastic06

Hi, everyone

I tried Rain today. All I can say it's atrocious. Virgin Mobile is faster than this. I'm am running 4G, I am within in the 4G coverage area. I'm still waiting to receive the APN settings. I never received it, so I had to manually enter the APN settings according to your website. The speed keeping going up and down, up and down.
Absolutely nobody uses or recommends rains 4G

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi, everyone

HI @508

Please provide me with your email via PM

Rain seems to be ok today, but still not great. Screenshot below is an accurate description of the actual speed I'm getting. I mostly browse abroad, not locally.

Still waiting on Rain representative to contact me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211115-143753.png
    Screenshot_20211115-143753.png
    249 KB · Views: 16

Hi @rain_mobile

View attachment 1093893

Other details:
CellId - 102417669

Thanks!
Which tool is that if I might ask?

Last edited:

Shintorojin

I thought rain wasn't telkom? seems I had better on telkom adsl.
Speedtest - 20.87mbps down 1.4mbps up - Silverton Pretoria.

Does anyone know if they are going to do something about the upload?

GhostShow

Guys rain is a hit and miss. Even with 5G. If they messed up the tower or there is bad signal, then rather ditch rain for MTN. Rain doesn't have the equipment needed to actually go into the field and check signal quality and interference. Icasa even gives each operator budget for these weak signal issues. I have faught with them for over a year in 5G (they still send out technitians here) and 7 months for their LTE (here they don't send out anyone, too bad if you have issues). So my advice rather check out MTN.

The network must be congested today in the Strand area. It is friday after all. Rain was actually online with loadshedding yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211119-140958.png
    Screenshot_20211119-140958.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 7

GIGZ

HI @508

Please provide me with your email via PM
Did you miss this or...
Rain seems to be ok today, but still not great. Screenshot below is an accurate description of the actual speed I'm getting. I mostly browse abroad, not locally.

Still waiting on Rain representative to contact me.
... you have already sent the pm?