• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Rain LTE Promo

phly

Since all the hype of late has been about Rain - I thought it wise to mention a promo I came across of the standard Rain Fixed LTE packages - I am not affiliated with the company in any way and I only came across this as I was helping a friend get a good affordable Rain package and I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere around the forum/site

So Vox has a promo on the 25GB package for R299. Their edge is that the first 6 months are free - still month to month contract if you prefer and to have it bundled with the B618 router one pays R899 fee once off.

No delivery fee, and free when bundled with the b315 router - The 55GB package gets you first 4 months free.

One caveat I spotted is one is "forced" to be with them 6 months atleast after the promo period so you cannot jump onto the promotion and cancel when that period is up. Probably to recoup router amount. Check the T&C's before making any purchase.

https://www.vox.co.za/mobile/lte-a/?prod=HOME

iCuSD

Read the fine print carefully if you pull out before a certain time they wack you with nasty surprise.

4 ConditionsofService–PromotionalOffers
4.1. Should a subscriber to any LTE-A promotional product terminate the service at any point in time within twelve (12) months of the subscription date, a fixed termination fee of one thousand five hundred rands excluding VAT (R 1,500) will be levied against the user account, in addition to the standard notice period fee of one (1) month’s subscription.

Last edited:

CataclysmZA

Expert Member
Vox's terms penalise you twice as much as other vendors. For their greed, I wouldn't touch them when it comes to a Rain promotion.