• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

RAIN Mobile - Comedy of Errors

I have officially given up on this product... Sad reality is, I have not even used it. Believe me, I tried.

TLDR - Ordered a SIM card - spectacular failure on RAIN's behalf, now unable to cancel the order and I am expected to pay for a service I don't have...

Step 1: See the launch of RAIN Mobile, as I am a subscriber to RAIN fixed LTE I thought this to be a nice addition to my internet at home.
Step 2: Open the website, register, order and PAY for the sim card.
Step 3: Delivery date rolls by...
Step 4: Receive a SMS with an apology asking me to pick a new delivery date.
Step 5: New delivery date rolls by...
Step 6: Attempt live chat help (only took 3 hours to connect to an agent) I then get told - "yes my SIM card was ordered, however the payment failed on THEIR side and that I have to reorder. All fine and dandy, these things happen - lets pay again except there is no way to reorder on the website and the live chat agent was unable assist.
Step 7: Agent escalates the call. Also confirms that I will be charged on the 1st for the add-on data (R250) for a product I don't have...
Step 8: I have now waited another 2 days with no response. I am now trying to cancel this useless product, but I cannot do so on the website because that section on my profile is not yet active as I have yet to receive my SIM card. The only section visible on my profile is data usage and a reminder that I will be billed on the first on July. This morning I decided to phone. I am currently holding for the first available operator - have been doing so since 09:00 (almost 2 and a half hours no answer)

I have no idea how this story ends...

Yuu

Expert Member
I have officially given up on this product... Sad reality is, I have not even used it. Believe me, I tried.

TLDR - Ordered a SIM card - spectacular failure on RAIN's behalf, now unable to cancel the order and I am expected to pay for a service I don't have...

/snip
You will NOT be charged. Lastly, they are removing orders that had failed payments so one can reorder. Only thing you can do to be safe, ask them to remove your CC details :).

If your dashboard doesn't show anything resembling sim information, you can't be billed.

Thanks - appreciate. Clearly the live chat agent didn't have all the info. Now if only I can get someone on their side to answer the phone