Rain Mobile ends Beta – Commercial launch here “before you know it”

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Willing to try it out, give us decent prices!

I don't need 1000000 sms and 10000 voice minutes every month.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
I am very interested to see what Rain's mobile offering will look like. They hinted at selling services rather than merely data bundles, and if I can get an unlimited web and email service I will be interested.

Coverage remains a concern, but a dual-SIM phone may solve that problem.

McGuywer

Executive Member
I am very interested to see what Rain's mobile offering will look like. They hinted at selling services rather than merely data bundles, and if I can get an unlimited web and email service I will be interested.

That's a good idea! But alas, it will be abused like the BIS system....

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

I will take unlimited web+email+whatsapp

DXL

Expert Member
Just a Note ..............

I wonder what the pricing will be.
Just a Note ..............I trust you are aware that Rain is already wholesaling data to the few ISP's.

What this means is that they cannot go lower then their own wholesale Price.

Assuming they are wholesaling data at R4 a Gigbyte and the Resellers resell for R6 a Gigabyte. then R6 a gigbyte will probably be the best price you can expect from Rain.

R6 a Gig = R300 for 25Gigs + 25Gigs
R6 a Gig = R599 for 50Gigs + 50Gigs

People do not expect Fireworks you will only disappoint yourself.

Dan C

Honorary Master
Not too bad seeing the data does not expire... and I have coverage at home and work. hmmm :rolleyes:

labratza

Expert Member
I just bit the bullet signed up for a Sim Card, says it will be delivered on Friday and took the 15 days free, but my question is. are those 19 hours including the weekends?

Dan C

Honorary Master
I just bit the bullet signed up for a Sim Card, says it will be delivered on Friday and took the 15 days free, but my question is. are those 19 hours including the weekends?
Guess you will find out soon :)

tsavvy

UNLIMITED DATA EVERY DAY FROM 11PM-6PM (19 HOURS)!!!!!!!! FOR ONLY R250 A MONTH, GOODBYE VODACOM,MTN,TELKOM,CELLC, this will definitely lead to serious revenue damage for these companies!

After my recent intro to fixed wireless RAIN and pathetic performance , NO THANKS...
I'll wait for the eager recruits aka cannon fodder to return from the frontline before I jump in like a schoolkid.