Rain network problems

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Idiot, fixed wireless competes with fixed line products. Rain's 4G was an alternative to DSL and their 5G an alternative to Fibre for me at least. 5G started off strong but Rain insists on over selling their rubbish network and constantly raping their premium customers by offering uncapped R250 packages and allowing Vodascum to roam.

Gudnews

Expert Member
I'm on the 19 hour package and would be over the moon with 5Mbps download and no throttling of any protocol.

Johand

Expert Member
Then: wE aRE a fiBRe equiVAlenT.
Now: doN't comPAre uS tO oTHer wiReLEsS prOdUCts, yoU GEt wHat yOu paY foR.

Idiots. If they didn't make these bold claims then I would have shrugged. But they didn't and they repeatedly said they will deliver fibre equivalent service. And the experience doesn't stop them to make the same claims of 5G.

nicroets

How much data does the average Rain client use ?

Last month I signed up at Telkom for R5/GB. I believe Vodacom is offering R4/GB right now, although it's on a 3 year contract.

koogs

In my area Rain is unusable during the day. Yesterday I could barely reach speeds of 1mbps during the day.

Compare the first speedtest done around 10.00am yesterday and the second done at 04.39 this morning.

Attachments

• Rain Speedtest 24.11.PNG
    Rain Speedtest 24.11.PNG
    6.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Rain Speedtest 25.11.PNG
    Rain Speedtest 25.11.PNG
    13.1 KB · Views: 17

ArmatageShanks

Honorary Master
@Jamie McKane is this not a duplicate of this article?

Yes

an.gif

Ipwn 4

Expert Member
Weekly repost, expect to see this atleast 3 more times along with plug articles while they wait for salary data for another irrelevant salaries article.
Irrelevant salaries article came early. Please can I get a plug article to round off my week?

Yskasmetnstoof

Where I live it seems Vumatel has found its mibd and is thinking of extending it's fibre my way. Then it's bye bye Rain.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Luckily supersonic uncapped here the save the day, the BOZZA network! MTN speeds are just unmatched by any network!

V@ttieK@kkie

I really don't know why people get so upset about any product. If don't like it don't buy it. Stop talking with your keyboard and start talking with your wallet.

boboudts

In my area Rain is unusable during the day. Yesterday I could barely reach speeds of 1mbps during the day.

Compare the first speedtest done around 10.00am yesterday and the second done at 04.39 this morning.
Rain works marginally better if you hook up a wire coat hanger as an aerial!