Assasin_Zer0

Rain was working perfectly in my area for about 3 months and stopped working all of a sudden.

Same device, same settings... tested it at another location and it worked perfectly. Just stopped working in my area.

Worked with rain support for 3 weeks and they could not resolve, escalated all the way to the COO. No luck so I cancelled as I had already paid for 3 weeks of no service...

Unfortunately seems to be an issue with many people, works well for a few months and stops working...
It's your Elevation from your router to the tower. and the reduced radius from the tower due to users connecting to it . :)

nemo415

Good day all, I also use the Vodafone R218-Z MiFi router. I have a Telkom data bundle via Axxess. Works perfectly, but does not automatically pick up the wifi. I have to start the app and go to connection and press save to connect to the network. It’s very annoying to have to do that every time the line is dropped, or I use the router while on the road. The connection mode is set to “automatic” but it does not work. I have a IPhone 10.
Has anyone found a solution for this issue?
Change APN to "unrestricted"

Make sure that idle time out is set to 0.

Ensure the option to automatically turn off (to save power) is disabled

muchandional

Anyone who has successfully set up rain network on a vodafone mifi router please assist with the settings

muchandional

I have tried to use that in all the combinations I have used so far. I had just changed to check if I would get a similar error with a different network. I worked well, without configuring anything. Let me change to the rain sim card and send the screenshot
1592402614136.png

Viool

Please follow the below steps to set up APN on your Vodafone device.

1. Connect Your Device with a Laptop/Phone via WIFI
2. Enter http://VodafoneMobile.wifi on Google Chrome
3. Login: Username & Password is admin "Small Letters"
4. Click on Mobile Broadband Settings
5. Click on the Drop Arrow on Account Type and Select Custom
6. Type rain next to APN
7. Type admin next to Username & Password
8. And save the Profile
I have the same problem what is the IPV 4 number

phetheho

Good day,
I'm having issues using Rain Sim with Vodacom Router, Huawei HB434666RBC. After connecting it asking for password as per attached, kindly advise?

1597911328163.png

sono11

I have tried many combinations, this still does not work. The problem is that the IPv4/IPv6 Number cannot be left blank. The settings don't save unless something is typed in that field.

I have updated to the latest firmware, but problem still persists.

Surely someone was able to get this to work on this specific device.

Attachments

• Clip_2.jpg
    Clip_2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 61

AneleG

I need help im using R216 vodafone wifi router, iv inserted rain simcard, i have tried to do all the Apn settings but still i dont have signal i am disconnected. Please assist

shol

APN: rain
IP version: IPv4
Authentication Type: CHAP
IPv4/IPv6 number: *99#

Leave the rest blank
I have the same problem, I tried EVERYTHING as everyone said, still disconnected. Using R207 router.

MavChat

Expert Member
I need help im using R216 vodafone wifi router, iv inserted rain simcard, i have tried to do all the Apn settings but still i dont have signal i am disconnected. Please assist

I have the same problem, I tried EVERYTHING as everyone said, still disconnected. Using R207 router.

The problem with Vodafone devices is that the firmware tends to not allow connections using non Vodafone/Vodacrap SIM cards.

I had a Vodacrap USB dongle that would not connect when using an MTN SIM. I ended up using a tool found here on mbb to connect. Using that same dongle connected to a dsl router also worked as the apn was set on the device not the dongle.

Hi, I would like to know as what is the latest firmware version available for the Vodafone R216 and where can I safely download this from?

netstrider

Expert Member
I've gotten a Vodafone mifi device working with Telkom before, not sure what the model number is though.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, first thing is to check the device's support for B3 (1800Mhz) and B38 (2600Mhz). If it supports either of those, or preferably both, then it's worth attempting to get it working with a RAIN sim.

paulkhoz

Still on Vodafone router for Rain simcard. I have successfully changed the broadband connection settings. What do I do with the Router Settings? How do I change them from the attached?

Attachments

• Router Settings.pdf
    243.6 KB · Views: 34