Rain Online RICA

johnjm

Expert Member
Very weird. I was activating my sim during a work meeting and it was sorted without a hitch. Your connection needs to be good no matter if it’s pc or phone.

I don’t believe you pay until the sim is activated though. Unsure why people are saying they have wasted money.

Swa

Honorary Master
Very weird. I was activating my sim during a work meeting and it was sorted without a hitch. Your connection needs to be good no matter if it’s pc or phone.

I don’t believe you pay until the sim is activated though. Unsure why people are saying they have wasted money.
I don't know why people are paying before activating it. Just activate the SIM before activating a plan or go per GB until it's activated.

johnjm

Expert Member
I don't know why people are paying before activating it. Just activate the SIM before activating a plan or go per GB until it's activated.
Yeah, and the quality of the photos of their Rica docs have nothing to do with it not working.... Not.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I need to activate and rica my rain sim assist
Hi , you can do so on the rain website, www.rain.co.za click on the activate sim tab and follow the instructions , Please note you will only be able to activate and rica via this process using a valid South African ID.

Please note the rica sms will come on the cell phone number that you link to your rain account and not the rain sim, make sure you have that sim(your cell number) in a smart phone so that you can complete the rica process.

Triangle

hi there, RICA on my rain sim is taking almost 3 days now. The website mentions RICA takes about 2 hours. Yet its been much longer. I logged multiple queries with them as the SLA time of 24-48 hours have passed. No feedback received up until now. There is no chat facility or call center due to the lockdown. The only way to contact them is through the form yet there response time is really bad. For people working remotely this is really frustrating.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
hi there, RICA on my rain sim is taking almost 3 days now. The website mentions RICA takes about 2 hours. Yet its been much longer. I logged multiple queries with them as the SLA time of 24-48 hours have passed. No feedback received up until now. There is no chat facility or call center due to the lockdown. The only way to contact them is through the form yet there response time is really bad. For people working remotely this is really frustrating.
Hi Triangle

Please PM me your email address linked to your rain account so i can advise what is happening

Triangle

please get back to me as soon as possible as this is rather urgent and has passed its SLA

Triangle

Please help asap :( working remotely and having no connectivity is a bit of a struggle

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Please help asap :( working remotely and having no connectivity is a bit of a struggle
Hi Triangle,

I apologies profusely for the inconvenience caused.

Please note that i am attending to your query and i will provide feedback.

Thanks

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Thank you. When can I receive feedback? I've been waiting for 4 days now
Hi Triangle,

I'd like to apologies profusely for the delay and the inconvenience caused.

Please note that feedback will be communicated to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

Elouna

I have been trying to RICA my Rain sim since yesterday. The ID validation has a green tick, but the face recognition and address validation just keeps checking. I need help asap!!