Rain Online RICA

Henry Mlotsa

I activated a 4g unlimited Rain sim card on 22 August 2020 and was fully paid for. The problem lies with the online Rica system. It is stuck on VALIDATION OF ADDRESS and FACE RECOGNITON. I don't know what to do because rain has no call centre. I have paid for a service I can't use.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Henry, Thank you for making contact. We can definitely assist you with this. Please PM the email address you signed up with so we can track to see where in the RICA process you are.

Jay76

HI Rain
plz make contact with me, **********.
I'd like to Rica or cancel immediately..

Last edited by a moderator:

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi, thank you for making contact. kindly PM the email address linked to your rain profile to be able to assist you further.

Cois1262

Hi my address also don't go through and face recognition does not work stuck in a loop. Phoned them but. No service from them email also doint work but hat to pay

Cois1262

hi my address is still pending after 3days and. The face recognition is stuck in a loop did phone no answer did email same storie can someone from rain help me or how do I cansel and get my payment back

Lakhi10

I would like you restart Rica process
I'm trying to get ricad since Sunday
Is there any other way to contact them this is frustrating

SHL

HI Rain
plz make contact with me, **********..
I'd like to Rica or cancel immediately..
Be prepared for an influx of spam very soon...

Last edited by a moderator:

Emilda

Hello BroadBand Community.
I guess my situation is not unique however this has to be done as it is my last resort to an exhausting number of attempts to activate my sim card which I got from Clicks. Just like most people I am stuck at the last step...Live Face Recognition.
Pretty Please can a good Samaritan assist me, I have made payment for this contract and as it is I am buying additional data just to activate my RAIN account :(
Good Samaritan are you out there?

1598588474278.png

Zanda-Lee

Hi, thank you for making contact. kindly PM the email address linked to your rain profile to be able to assist you further.
Hi Rain.

im having the same issue with the Rica,,I have reached out Numerous times and no one is helping,,I’m very frustrated about this

Attachments

• 0298E4E5-2DD7-4468-A764-0E57CFEA10F4.png
    0298E4E5-2DD7-4468-A764-0E57CFEA10F4.png
    266.4 KB · Views: 8

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi
Has anyone bought a sim from Takealot and was able to Rica it successfully? I got mine yesterday and when I had to manually input my billing address, it said it is not valid(township area). I somehow managed to bypass that but now I'm stuck on the Rica Now(button not clickable) screen that's supposed to let me upload my documents.
View attachment 744803

Before you say contact them or whatever. I already did, for like 10 times. They don't know why this is happening. Any help is appreciated.

I was thinking. Is it possible to take my sim to the Tyme Bank kioski to get it Rica'd there by one of their agents?

Hi @Name Is Mike could you please provide me with your email address that is linked to your rain account.

ronelle0803

My experience with Rain thus far has been absolutely terrible.

I received my SIM card through Takealot and proceeded to Activate SIM online. That's when I noticed that the ICCID I used on the packet is different from the one on the SIM. Immediately I called Rain to inform them and was assisted to reload the order and proceed with payment.

After completing the registration and payment I received the link to RICA and have been stuck at the last stage of Facial recognition.

Please can a manager contact me to sort this out today as i was promised that the RICA department would call me today before 2pm.

@rain_mobile Please note I sent a PM with my email address and REF number and am awaiting your response and resolution today.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Use another phone.
Some phones have issues with this.
This is instructions I received from them when I tested.

ronelle0803

Use another phone.
Some phones have issues with this.
This is instructions I received from them when I tested.
Hi @tera,
I have tried another phone with no avail. Was told to turn off my wifi and try it on mobile data and to clear my cache plus browser history too. None of which solved the issue. The only call back i got was to tell me that they cannot pick up payment or that the SIM isnt activated.. Apparently RICA would need to come out to do the verification and that could take a week....

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Hi @tera,
I have tried another phone with no avail. Was told to turn off my wifi and try it on mobile data and to clear my cache plus browser history too. None of which solved the issue. The only call back i got was to tell me that they cannot pick up payment or that the SIM isnt activated.. Apparently RICA would need to come out to do the verification and that could take a week....
That sounds like a run around from them as usual.

RICA doesn't take a week to complete. Usually a few hours to a day.
I was also stuck at this step. They RICA'd it manually for me.
So you'll have to wait for them to respond via pm here.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi Ronelle,
Thank you for your post.
Please confirm whether you have received the activation notification. Your PM has been responded to a few minutes ago.

Best regards

Worior1

I can not pass this stage its been 2weeks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201115-143906.jpg
    Screenshot_20201115-143906.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 1