Rain Online RICA

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi @Noobster

It should be immediately, make sure that the number on your rain profile is the same as the number you are using currently.

You can PM your email address so that i can take a look for you.

nozibela

Morning @Jomo_Bez

Please note this is a public platform, i would not recommend you leave your email address here, but i will take a look into , but it looks liek you will need to set the APNs for that router.
Hi
I am trying to RICA my sim card but ive stuck on face recognition for the past 2 hours. Any help?

Khongie

Hi Ronelle,
Thank you for your post.
Please confirm whether you have received the activation notification. Your PM has been responded to a few minutes ago.

Best regards
please help me as well, i brought a rain sim card for my wife from take a lot and it was delivered on wednesday, we activated it and they deducted the money, but the thing is it stuck on face and prove of resident verification. please help me rica the sim card. my email is kuhlulaopulent@gmail.com

CJJ

Good morning I've been on documents validation for an hour now. How long does it to RICA ?

CJJ

please help me as well, i brought a rain sim card for my wife from take a lot and it was delivered on wednesday, we activated it and they deducted the money, but the thing is it stuck on face and prove of resident verification. please help me rica the sim card. my email is kuhlulaopulent@gmail.com
I'm having the same problem. Were you able to get help?

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I'm having the same problem. Were you able to get help?
Good Morning

Please send me a PM with the email address linked to your rain profile so that i can advise accordingly.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
How do i rica for rain?
If you got your SIM from one of our partners, please select the ‘activate SIM’ button on the rain landing page and follow the 4 simple steps.

Remember, you will need to follow the simple RICA online process to complete activation, so make sure you have the following:

Your South African ID document or smart card ID
Proof of address not older than 3 months
A smartphone

Majin blue

Im steuggling to get my rain sim ricad for iver 2,5 hours now and it seems there is no end ...call centre isnt picking up and its working hours ,my screen is stuck on the adress validation screen and it doesnt want to pass it ,im swriously dissapointed with the service and its not even activated yet ,pls someone help it shouldnt be taking this long
If you got your SIM from one of our partners, please select the ‘activate SIM’ button on the rain landing page and follow the 4 simple steps.

Remember, you will need to follow the simple RICA online process to complete activation, so make sure you have the following:

Your South African ID document or smart card ID
Proof of address not older than 3 months
A smartphone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210129-104341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210129-104341_Samsung Internet.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 8

Majin blue

Im steuggling to get my rain sim ricad for iver 2,5 hours now and it seems there is no end ...call centre isnt picking up and its working hours ,my screen is stuck on the adress validation screen and it doesnt want to pass it ,im swriously dissapointed with the service and its not even activated yet ,pls someone help it shouldnt be taking this long
It is a valid document and not older than 3 months proof of adress it just doesnt get any feedback pls help @support

insect

you will need to follow the simple RICA online process
Simple RICA? There's a 15 page thread with people struggling to RICA on your platform, where's the Vodacom and MTN threads.

I have seen all the bad press around Rain service, but I thought lets see if its as bad as they say so I tried to RICA on your platform.

First I scanned a stamped and certified letter from the municipality to confirm with my ID that I live at my address. System said invalid proof of address. Although I have used the same letter successfully at Vodacom, MTN, Supersonic and Standard Bank.

Then I uploaded a Mobicred invoice, a registered Credit Provider, with my name and address on it. System said proof of address and ID mismatch - although I have lived at the same address for 15 years. Same address I gave to home affairs when I applied and received my card ID in 2017.

Then I tried the helpdesk - emailed and got a quick response from Grace saying she will forward my query to the correct department for resolution.

Four days went by and I got another mail from Grace asking if the issue was resolved. I replied nope, but its OK lets just cancel the order as I am tired of struggling with something so simple.

The Chinese and Pakistani stores sell sims without any RICA required which works on all the major networks, yet you are unable to RICA me with a valid ID, proof of residence and a selfie!

Within one hour Nomtundo mailed me and confirmed the order was canceled, when the cancelations department works better than the helpdesk - well I guess they would rather see their customers leave than stay.

Reactions: Swa

G!zMo

Same issue. I got the sim with mr delievery. Did the online Rica via the SMS. All complete with the 3 ticks. But it still shows Qued for Rica 3 hours later. I even called them to esculate it and still nothing.

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Same issue. I got the sim with mr delievery. Did the online Rica via the SMS. All complete with the 3 ticks. But it still shows Qued for Rica 3 hours later. I even called them to esculate it and still nothing.
Hi @G!zMo

Please provide me with your email via PM.

vishn

I'm having the same problem, Queued for Rica... Been 5 hours, please assist.

Diablosg

Hi i've been trying to rica a sim and its stuck please help, all documents is correct then it says in queue to rica and its been almost 2 days now.