• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Rain router and MacBook Air WiFi refuses to connect

C_hristo

Have b618 lte router. Bought both router and MacBook Air brand new Jan 2018
The Problem
- WiFi connectivity to MacBook Air keeps on dropping . Keeps on looking for ip address. Can never enter the IP address.
- using 5mhz and 2,4mhz

So frustratingly annoying.
ISP blames hardware
Hardware company blames isp

Uggggghhhh
What to do?

Any ideas to fix this stupid problem?

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Have you tried connecting your Macbook Air to the B618 LTE router directly with a LAN cable to see if the direct connection also has issues, or if it is only occurring with the Wi-Fi signal?

Tman*

Expert Member
Have you tried connecting your Macbook Air to the B618 LTE router directly with a LAN cable to see if the direct connection also has issues, or if it is only occurring with the Wi-Fi signal?
Macbook Air doesn't have a LAN port...

I had a similar problem few years back. Try to set up MAC address filtering, as apposed to joining with a password. Alternatively, also try to adjust the channel of the router.

C_hristo

Macbook Air doesn't have a LAN port...

I had a similar problem few years back. Try to set up MAC address filtering, as apposed to joining with a password. Alternatively, also try to adjust the channel of the router.
Have been able to connect to 5 MHz channel previously
It’s a mystery

3lOH55A

Expert Member
Have been able to connect to 5 MHz channel previously
It’s a mystery
Check the channel you are on. I think by default the b618 2.4ghz uses 5(7) and on 5gh 36(42). Your channels might overlap with your neighbours and cause issues.

C_hristo

Done Smc and Pram reset. Still little to no WiFi connectivity.
Looks like I bought a very expensive paper weight!

Shellyb1

Expert Member
Had the same issue on my MacBook air. Have you upgraded to the latest MacOS? When I did that, my wifi became way more stable and now runs like a dream.

You may need to connect to a lan port to upgrade though.