Rain sim killing incoming voice calls on Voda sim

FlashSA

Executive Member
My wife has a Huawei P10 dual sim with Vodacom for voice in sim slot 1. Put a Rain sim in slot 2 and phone can't receive calls, but can make calls and can send/receive sms's. Swap sims around, still can't receive calls. Take Rain sim out and device can receive calls. Any idea's?

eg2505

Honorary Master
question, both sims active?

what sim configures as default for call management?

FlashSA

Executive Member
question, both sims active?

what sim configures as default for call management?
I had Rain set for data and Vodacom set for voice calling default when Voda was in slot 1 and Rain in slot 2. When I swapped the sims around I made sure the same data and calling defaults were set.

As soon as I took the Rain sim out, incoming calls resumed. Rain sim back in and calls to Voda number to to voicemail. Immediately followed by the Voda sim received a missed call sms notification

eg2505

Honorary Master
might be something to do with firmware of your phone?

what happens if you try both sims on another phone?

could it be the vodacom sim is blocking calls? or detecting a dual sim environment and blocking calls?

as Ive successfully used my MTN sim and rain sim in my dual sim phone, but I have a custom rom loaded.
and recived calls perfectly.

FlashSA

Executive Member
might be something to do with firmware of your phone?

what happens if you try both sims on another phone?

could it be the vodacom sim is blocking calls? or detecting a dual sim environment and blocking calls?

as Ive successfully used my MTN sim and rain sim in my dual sim phone, but I have a custom rom loaded.
and recived calls perfectly.
Same P10 handles Voda sim and MTN data sim without issues, so definitely Rain related

Dups!

Well, I was about to buy the rain sim and use it on a dual Samsung phone along with a Vodacom sim.

Maybe I should take the plunge and see but I am very skeptical.

FlashSA

Executive Member
Well, I was about to buy the rain sim and use it on a dual Samsung phone along with a Vodacom sim.

Maybe I should take the plunge and see but I am very skeptical.
Seems the P10 is at fault. Problem now being replicated with a VODA+MTN sim combo as well. No idea how to solve but I must take my words back as this is not a Rain problem

Dups!

Seems the P10 is at fault. Problem now being replicated with a VODA+MTN sim combo as well. No idea how to solve but I must take my words back as this is not a Rain problem
Okay, thanks for the feedback. I will go ahead then.

SoulSeeker

My wife has a Huawei P10 dual sim with Vodacom for voice in sim slot 1. Put a Rain sim in slot 2 and phone can't receive calls, but can make calls and can send/receive sms's. Swap sims around, still can't receive calls. Take Rain sim out and device can receive calls. Any idea's?
I have a old P10 lying around that I can do the test with for you to confirm if the same happens.

If you still have the issue

FlashSA

Executive Member
I have a old P10 lying around that I can do the test with for you to confirm if the same happens.

If you still have the issue
Tnx, but I think there is a fault with our device. Does the same nonsense when MTN data is used in the 2nd slot. Even did it when I had it as a VODA single sim setup. May need to send it in