Rain speed differences between ZTE and Mesh wifi set-up.

BMW4LifeNate

Hi everyone

Wondering if anyone has had the same problem as I'm experiencing, or would know how to resolve this issue.

I've currently got the home premium unlimited (if that's the official name) Rain 5G package, essentially the top tier package, and have been very happy with it thus far. I've even seen speeds of up to 500mbps on a regular basis. Herewith a screenshot of a recent speed test, the results of which were from being connected directly to the ZTE 5G CPE's WiFi connection:

My only problem with the setup at the moment is the fact that I'm seeing these speeds when connected directly to the 5G CPE's WiFi connection, but strangely enough not when connected to my mesh WiFi set-up.

Previously, I had run a simple WiFi extender set-up to ensure that I had coverage around the house, but I most recently switched to using a Tenda Nova Lite mesh WiFi set-up (https://www.geewiz.co.za/wireless-n...te-home-wifi-mesh-system-2-pack-nova-mw3.html), which, according to the manufacturer anyway, is capable of 1200mbps. Unfortunately, however, I am only seeing speeds of up to 100 mbps around the house, per the attached:

I have the Tenda set-up in bridge mode - am I doing something wrong in terms of my settings, or is the mesh setup simply incapable of achieving the same speeds as when connecting directly to the 5G CPE (which is literally 5cm away from the mesh WiFi system's primary router.)?

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

nahoR

Here's your problem...

Attachments

• IMG_20220118_204320.jpg
    IMG_20220118_204320.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 37

BMW4LifeNate

Hey everyone

Thank you very much for the responses - it is greatly appreciated.

So the Tenda setup is no good?

What kind of hardware would I need to have (in the form of a Mesh setup) to take full advantage of my 5G?

Thanks again

nahoR

I have the TP-link Deco S4 which has Gigabit Ethernet ports

Romito

Expert Member
Also look at the TPLink Deco M4, same thing as the S4. They both support gigabit Ethernet for a reasonable price.