Rain spend limit auto increase

The_Summoner

So since from day one, I set my spend limit to R50 on my rain dashboard.
Yesterday during peak time, I decided to use my sim to browse around some stuff (my Telkom Mobile connection was acting up), so I used it knowing that I won't use more than R50 worth of data

So right now I just decided to check my dashboard and this is what I get :

Capture.jpg

Is this an error on their website, or is that when you get to your spend limit it automatically gets increase?

jls_n

[MENTION=527591]The_Summoner[/MENTION]

Nevermind i had a look now on mine as well and it doesnt make sense. my spend limit is all of sudden on R500

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Looks like Rain is not capping the simcard and instead is increasing the spend limit automatically...

What the hell.

MirageF1

Noticed this a few days back, but every night after 12am the dashboard starts showing weird results.
Almost like some newb programmer is trying out shyte on live system :whistling:

They haven't got a leg to stand on.
Sure they might debit you, but after everyone complains and threatens to have amounts reversed they'll soon wake up.

More concerning is that data usage is only updated once a day...after midnight.
Wonder why? Don't.
Best interests of RAIN for all the clueless and oblivious clients...

Last edited:

cavedog

Honorary Master
Noticed this a few days back, but every night after 12am the dashboard starts showing weird results.
Almost like some newb programmer is trying out shyte on live system :whistling:

They haven't got a leg to stand on.
Sure they might debit you, but after everyone complains and threatens to have amounts reversed they'll soon wake up.

More concerning is that data usage is only updated once a day...after midnight.
Wonder why? Don't.
Best interests of RAIN for all the clueless and oblivious clients...
It is very concerning because it means you don't actually have a cap and you can use like 5gb with a R50 spend limit just to find that after midnight the usage is updated and your balance is suddenly R250 when you had a R50 spend limit set.

The_Summoner

I dropped them a mail, just gonna wait and see what they say.
If the spend limit is gonna be auto increased then that just defeats the purpose of having it in the first place

And to be honest if I set my spend limit to R50 and find out at the end of the month that I'm charged more than that I am gonna reverse the debit. Hope they sort this out

cavedog

Honorary Master
I dropped them a mail, just gonna wait and see what they say.
If the spend limit is gonna be auto increased then that just defeats the purpose of having it in the first place

And to be honest if I set my spend limit to R50 and find out at the end of the month that I'm charged more than that I am gonna reverse the debit. Hope they sort this out
I also set my spend limit and if that gets increased I will also reverse the debit. I set the limit to control my spend so I don't end up with a R1000 debt. I want to use it for low usage backup account with the uncapped bolt on because I have my Telkom uncapped LTE. I don't need a R1000 Rain bill because if their stupid control panel...

Would be nice to know what [MENTION=1]rpm[/MENTION] is experiencing.

So since from day one, I set my spend limit to R50 on my rain dashboard.
Yesterday during peak time, I decided to use my sim to browse around some stuff (my Telkom Mobile connection was acting up), so I used it knowing that I won't use more than R50 worth of data

So right now I just decided to check my dashboard and this is what I get :

View attachment 538633

Is this an error on their website, or is that when you get to your spend limit it automatically gets increase?
ALSO noticing the same thing my spend limit was R50 now all of a sudden it's 100 on two of my SIM cards what the hell now rain is trying to rip people off now

MirageF1

Seems like they fixed it now or as I mentioned last night, I think their dashboard is a work in progress - real time!

All of this should really have been tested before go live RAIN! :twisted:

Now sort out the real time data updating..or at least every 30 mins or so...!!

Firefox_Screenshot_2018-07-22T05-26-28.169Z.png