• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Rain stops between 18h00-23h00 (Seems like Rain borked their routing tables on my SIM

SJB

Hi have had a very good experience with Rain during the free era, but ever since they started with the non-free data, I have had problems during the peak times.

I have subscribed to the R250 option, and also have an adequate limit to allow the odd youtube during peak.

BUT: It seams for some reason Rain stuffed up their routing during the peak time, thereby only allowing rain.co.za?

I have now phoned and logged calls, tweeted numerous times and then also emailed, but so far it seems hopeless. Does anyone have guidance for me on how to have this resolved. It is brillian otherwise, getting speeds of up to 72Mbps!, but now every night I ahve to change over to another network.....

SJB

It is not a shaping issue. Shaping would be fine and expected.

Everything except rain.co.za becomes unreachable after 18h00 at night.

Cowboy619

It is not a shaping issue. Shaping would be fine and expected.

Everything except rain.co.za becomes unreachable after 18h00 at night.
Well my 50mb download drops to 4mb at 6pm then just to normal at 11pm. So they throttle during those times

SJB

As I said, my downloads and uploads stop completely after 18h00. ie 0bps. I would not mind the 4Mbps of shaped traffic, just need connectivity during this time.

As it is only rain.co.za that remains functional, my guess is most likely a routing error on their network... Now just to get the right person to fix it.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I think it's a spend limit issue... You are probably capped even though you set your spend limit to allow usage. It's been an issue with Rain especially auto increasing the limit but seems you have a issue being capped but not have reached the spend limit yet...