thecarblogsa

Please locate this tower please 80246118

{
"status": "ok",
"balance": 99,
"lat": -25.704371,
"lon": 28.178371,
"accuracy": 1507,
"address": "Louis Trichardt Street, Tshwane Ward 1, Pretoria, City of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality, Gauteng, 0084, South Africa"
}

thecarblogsa

Hi, how do I get my current cell ID? I have a b315 router.
Okay I found my cell ID, the tower is 5.1km from me, so no wonder my signal isn't the best.
my cell id is: 75312742
CellC tower

{
"balance": 98,
"lat": -26.181813,
"lon": 28.300606,
"accuracy": 62066,
"message": "Data is based on measurement(s) > 90 days.",
"aged": "1",
"address": "N12, Ekurhuleni Ward 28, Benoni, City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, Gauteng, 1501, South Africa"
}

Donavin97

Oh heck, that can't be right, I used an app to find my nearest tower, but hmm. So how do I go about finding my cell ID on my b315-22 router itself?

Nyt Ryda

CellC tower

{
"balance": 98,
"lat": -26.181813,
"lon": 28.300606,
"accuracy": 62066,
"message": "Data is based on measurement(s) > 90 days.",
"aged": "1",
"address": "N12, Ekurhuleni Ward 28, Benoni, City of Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, Gauteng, 1501, South Africa"
}
That accuracy is in metres right ? So the real tower might actually be 62km away from the coordinates?

mornebotha1989

Good afternoon all pandemic inmates :)

I really do hope some can assist me here....

So recently I have seen some high latency and reduced speeds with my RAIN 4G peak package. I used to get 30mbps DL and average 20mbps UL speeds... Now on a good day I get roughly 14-16mbps DL and 0,5-2mbps DL.
I have tried bands 3 and 38 and the results don't really change.
My hardware is as follows:
- HUAWEI B315s-936 LTE Router
- XPOL-6-10m External antenna.

I decided one day to take out my RAIN sim and put in in my phone to see if the problem might be my router, unfortunately, the results were much much worse, so much worse that I couldn't even do speed tests because of the high latency.

Now... interestingly I took the time to drive and see if I might get a better tower which i can connect to.
I found one round about 3,6kms from my where I stay which produced speed tests between 60mbps and 80mbps DL and 26-30mbps UL.

Now my question is.. will I able to connect to that tower from where I stay? the distance seems a bit far and there is a few trees in the way, but no physical buildings or mountains, and does anyone have a map of the RAIn towers in my are maybe? Cellmapper doesn't really help and is not accurate in this are from what I have sen sofar..

Note for the above: the LTE cell id is 87393636 and PCI 93..

Let me just add to this, I stay in a very small town between Rustenburg and Brits, so we won't be expecting 5G or any fibre soon and our towers are very over populated.

I have attached pictures, if anybody can assist and needs more information i will be gladly to provide it.

Also, below is my current stats:
RSRP: -90dBm
RSSI: -67dBm
RSRQ: -7dB
SINR: -1dB

Attachments

Kaptein Steyn

Okay, so you guys probably want to know how I managed to get this information.

Very easy, actually.

1. Register an account with the following website:

https://unwiredlabs.com/home

2. Log in with the details that they send you by email.

(They use a token as password.)

3. Change the 'Request' drop-down box to '1 Cell - LTE' as in the image:

View attachment 473558

4. Make the following changes to the listed fields:

MCC >> 655

MNC >> 19

LAC >> 27

CID >> Enter your Cell ID here.

5. Click on the 'Submit' button and see the result.

If it doesn't give you a result with the MNC set to 19, change it to 01. Rain and Vodacom seems to share equipment in some places.

This of course also works with the other networks as well.

MNC 01 >> Vodacom

MNC 02 >> Telkom

MNC 07 >> Cell C

MNC 10 >> MTN

MNC 12 >> MTN

MNC 19 >> Rain

MNC 38 >> Rain

MNC 73 >> Rain

MNC 74 >> Rain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_country_code#South_Africa_-_ZA

I don't think the last three MNC's of Rain are relevant here, but I listed them just for the sake of interest.

The 'accuracy' field should also provide a clue as how accurate this result is. The higher the number, the wider the area of the location of the identified cell is, which makes it more difficult to locate the tower.

Any developers know if this API can be integrated into an app to make it easier for forumites to locate their towers?
Thank you so much, this has sorted out my connection dropping issues completely.

thecarblogsa

Good afternoon all pandemic inmates :)

I really do hope some can assist me here....

So recently I have seen some high latency and reduced speeds with my RAIN 4G peak package. I used to get 30mbps DL and average 20mbps UL speeds... Now on a good day I get roughly 14-16mbps DL and 0,5-2mbps DL.
I have tried bands 3 and 38 and the results don't really change.
My hardware is as follows:
- HUAWEI B315s-936 LTE Router
- XPOL-6-10m External antenna.

I decided one day to take out my RAIN sim and put in in my phone to see if the problem might be my router, unfortunately, the results were much much worse, so much worse that I couldn't even do speed tests because of the high latency.

Now... interestingly I took the time to drive and see if I might get a better tower which i can connect to.
I found one round about 3,6kms from my where I stay which produced speed tests between 60mbps and 80mbps DL and 26-30mbps UL.

Now my question is.. will I able to connect to that tower from where I stay? the distance seems a bit far and there is a few trees in the way, but no physical buildings or mountains, and does anyone have a map of the RAIn towers in my are maybe? Cellmapper doesn't really help and is not accurate in this are from what I have sen sofar..

Note for the above: the LTE cell id is 87393636 and PCI 93..

Let me just add to this, I stay in a very small town between Rustenburg and Brits, so we won't be expecting 5G or any fibre soon and our towers are very over populated.

I have attached pictures, if anybody can assist and needs more information i will be gladly to provide it.

Also, below is my current stats:
RSRP: -90dBm
RSSI: -67dBm
RSRQ: -7dB
SINR: -1dB
You will need to get something like a MikroTik LHG LTE outdoor Antenna - you then mount it on a pole and aim it to your tower - I know some of the older ones allowed the ability to select the tower in the config and lock on.

https://mikrotik.com/product/lhg_lte_kit

Squi D

Hi guys Kindly can you help out, I have a B535 router.
Device info is:
PLMN
CELL_ID
May you please help me to find this rain tower. Thanks in advance.

adriaandj

Hi,

Any help would be appreciated then I know where to point my antenna. Rain cell id: 233315331

Jake45

Expert Member
Hopefully I haven't made any mistakes. Not sure whether the results are going to be very helpful ...

@Squi D
"balance": 97,
"lat": -29.607729,
"lon": 30.326454,
"accuracy": 3824,
"address": "Mbubu Road, Msunduzi Ward 26, Msunduzi Local Municipality, uMgungundlovu District Municipality, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa"

@adriaandj:
"balance": 96,
"lat": -26.136578,
"lon": 27.820717,
"accuracy": 2278,
"address": "Tindall Road, Mogale City Ward 9, Mogale City Local Municipality, West Rand District Municipality, Gauteng, 1724, South Africa"

adriaandj

Hopefully I haven't made any mistakes. Not sure whether the results are going to be very helpful ...

@Squi D
"balance": 97,
"lat": -29.607729,
"lon": 30.326454,
"accuracy": 3824,
"address": "Mbubu Road, Msunduzi Ward 26, Msunduzi Local Municipality, uMgungundlovu District Municipality, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa"

@adriaandj:
"balance": 96,
"lat": -26.136578,
"lon": 27.820717,
"accuracy": 2278,
"address": "Tindall Road, Mogale City Ward 9, Mogale City Local Municipality, West Rand District Municipality, Gauteng, 1724, South Africa"
Baie baie dankie!!!

@Ghekko

Hi
Please help me with my tower location, my Cell_ID:235158562, Thabk you in advance.

Jake45

Expert Member
@Ghekko:
"balance": 91,
"lat": -26.18807,
"lon": 28.053273,
"accuracy": 679,
"address": "Olivia Avenue, Johannesburg Ward 64, Johannesburg, City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality, Gauteng, 2001, South Africa"

Attachments