Rain Tower Location: PM me your Cell ID's

Javas4u

hi, guys please assist. I'm using Huawei 5G outdoor router and I used to get full network bars, I don't know what rain did but I'm only getting 2 bars and I'm connected to the furthest tower while there are close by towers. Please
assist.
rain outdoor router.jpg

1603226329206.png

My Cell ID: 206340609

Attachments

• 1603226308036.png
    1603226308036.png
    660.1 KB · Views: 27

Mrgoodbytes

I guess I'm late to the party but anyway some people are actually asking the same question in 2020 lol! There is an app on Playstore called Opensignal, it gives you all the information about your carrier.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
I think your answer to the signal problem is an external antennae.
Actually been meaning to find this situation and see if throwing a sheet of tinfoil (like a dish of it) would help prevent it from pickup other towers... hmmm...

Mrgoodbytes

I am facing a similar problem with Rain. I was getting less than 1MB/s download speed and up to 4MB/s upload using internal antenna on Huawei B525. I read somewhere that an LTE antenna would help me and I purchased an XPOL-6 High gain antenna. Put it up and only managed to get 1MB/s gain with external antenna. These are the following values I'm getting

RSRP -75dBm
RSRQ -14.0dB
RSSI >=-51dBm
SINR 8dB

What could I do to make an improvement to the signal? I am just 90 meters away from a tower but I'm failing to get any signals. I faced the antenna to another tower about 1km away and those figures above are my findings.

ghostRgg

Expert Member
I am facing a similar problem with Rain. I was getting less than 1MB/s download speed and up to 4MB/s upload using internal antenna on Huawei B525. I read somewhere that an LTE antenna would help me and I purchased an XPOL-6 High gain antenna. Put it up and only managed to get 1MB/s gain with external antenna. These are the following values I'm getting

RSRP -75dBm
RSRQ -14.0dB
RSSI >=-51dBm
SINR 8dB

What could I do to make an improvement to the signal? I am just 90 meters away from a tower but I'm failing to get any signals. I faced the antenna to another tower about 1km away and those figures above are my findings.

If you are getting those stats, and still only getting a 1MB/s speed (10mbps download) then your tower is congested as all heck. With 6-10dB and similar other stats we push 40-50mbps (4-6MB/s) download.

But seeing as your upload if vastly faster, make sure the router is using 2600Mhz TDD. Im sure others can advise you as to how the band tool and that works. But 1800Mhz is always congested.

Adidasp4

Hi,
Not sure if anyone is still doing this...

Need help locating my tower.

MTN network.

Cell Id: 4990210

Thanks