Rain Tower Location: PM me your Cell ID's

MirageF1

Executive Member
lat": -34.037875,
lon": 18.431059,

You 100% sure about that?

Firstly according to google maps it's located inside someone's property and secondly...it's some distance behind my property obscured by walls, trees,etc i.e no line of sight at all

My signal stats and speeds which are v good say otherwise and my router is pointed almost 180 degrees away from that location.

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
You 100% sure about that?

Firstly according to google maps it's located inside someone's property and secondly...it's some distance behind my property obscured by walls, trees,etc i.e no line of sight at all

My signal stats and speeds which are v good say otherwise and my router is pointed almost 180 degrees away from that location.
I'm just using that API provided. Whether its accurate or not I have no idea. Most of the feedback I have been given shows that its normally correct, so maybe something with the tower changed and isn't accurate anymore, I dunno.

MirageF1

Executive Member
I'm just using that API provided. Whether its accurate or not I have no idea. Most of the feedback I have been given shows that its normally correct, so maybe something with the tower changed and isn't accurate anymore, I dunno.

Could be that the cell_id I gave you comes from my fixed MTN and not Rain connection?

BradleyKZN

Expert Member
Could be that the cell_id I gave you comes from my fixed MTN and not Rain connection?
I did change it to MTN, so it should have worked. More likely some database isnt accurate anymore, because im guessing that the area I gave you is roughly correct?