Rain Towers Discontinued

hood

I have been connecting to a Rain LTE service from a tower in the Blair Athol Estate next to Lanseria for the last 18 Months. 10.00am this morning the signal disappeared. The call centre operator has just told me that Rain has discontinued their towers in the areas north of 4 Ways this morning and I need to cancel my Rain contract. Does anyone have any knowledge of this.

epah

Executive Member
Why do you need confirmation? cancel and move on. So many better options these days in anycase.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
Why do you need confirmation? cancel and move on. So many better options these days in anycase.
This, call it a day and move on look here first

epah

Executive Member
We have no other service available in the area
I really really really doubt it. Maybe you are just lazy to do your homework. If you have network on your cell sim right now i dont see how you cant find other wifi alternatives.

Snyper564

Honorary Master
I really really really doubt it. Maybe you are just lazy to do your homework. If you have network on your cell sim right now i dont see how you cant find other wifi alternatives.
Agreed, my parents live in the middle of nowhere and have no issues with Telkom mobile, get a Telkom mobile sim and test it. I bet if rain was there something else would be too

I linked you to Telkom mobile not fibre

epah

Executive Member
Agreed, my parents live in the middle of nowhere and have no issues with Telkom mobile, get a Telkom mobile sim and test it. I bet if rain was there something else would be too

I linked you to Telkom mobile not fibre
Yap someone doesn't want to do their homework, he would rather contest his divorce with rain. I guess we cant help here

Kiemo

Expert Member
Yap someone doesn't want to do their homework, he would rather contest his divorce with rain. I guess we cant help here
You not helping you just telling him to go with another service provider that’s it …

epah

Executive Member
You not helping you just telling him to go with another service provider that’s it …
Do i have to spoon feed him now? Its not like there are 1000 service providers, there is only 4 or 5. He can use the same provider as the one he has in his cellphone.

Kiemo

Expert Member
Do i have to spoon feed him now? Its not like there are 1000 service providers, there is only 4 or 5. He can use the same provider as the one he has in his cellphone.
Lol … In his cellphone point taken … let’s see what he has to say …

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
I have been connecting to a Rain LTE service from a tower in the Blair Athol Estate next to Lanseria for the last 18 Months. 10.00am this morning the signal disappeared. The call centre operator has just told me that Rain has discontinued their towers in the areas north of 4 Ways this morning and I need to cancel my Rain contract. Does anyone have any knowledge of this.
Hi

Please provide me with your email via PM (Private Message)

Yuu

Executive Member
You can confirm this by logging into your rain account on the website and having a look at the current towers at your address.

Doing some digging for you, I see 2 towers near Lanseria.

1656027437915.png

Hope that helps.
@rain_mobile will help. :):thumbsup:

Edit: You can also go on your phone and do a network search. If you see 65519 or 65538 or both. You are still in rain coverage. You don't need the rain sim in the phone to check this. It's almost like magic.

ScrooV

You can confirm this by logging into your rain account on the website and having a look at the current towers at your address.

Doing some digging for you, I see 2 towers near Lanseria.

View attachment 1334976

Hope that helps.
@rain_mobile will help. :):thumbsup:

Edit: You can also go on your phone and do a network search. If you see 65519 or 65538 or both. You are still in rain coverage. You don't need the rain sim in the phone to check this. It's almost like magic.
I can confirm 65538 is still live. Connected to it now. If I disappear over the next few days, then the call centre operator was correct...

@rain_mobile - can you confirm or deny if any of these towers are being discontinued?

• Love
Reactions: Yuu

rain_networks

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi, i can confirm that these towers are still operational and there are no plans to decommission.

charlieharper

Expert Member
That wasn't quite the case for me 2 years ago. Rain was a great experience initially (constantly 20-30mbps) vs having ADSL copper stolen every other week and then takes 2 weeks to get fixed, just to be down again.

But then about 18 months in with Rain it went to utter horse crap, where I'd be lucky to get above 1mbps without alternatives at the time.... only a few months later MTN Fixed LTE launched but still they didn't have packages > 250gb at the time. So I had no choice but to embrace Rain being slow and switch to MTN when it becomes unusable.

Thank the lucky stars we have fibre now.

But yea, alternatives that makes sense isn't always available, so I feel for OP.

epah

Executive Member
That wasn't quite the case for me 2 years ago. Rain was a great experience initially (constantly 20-30mbps) vs having ADSL copper stolen every other week and then takes 2 weeks to get fixed, just to be down again.

But then about 18 months in with Rain it went to utter horse crap, where I'd be lucky to get above 1mbps without alternatives at the time.... only a few months later MTN Fixed LTE launched but still they didn't have packages > 250gb at the time. So I had no choice but to embrace Rain being slow and switch to MTN when it becomes unusable.

Thank the lucky stars we have fibre now.

But yea, alternatives that makes sense isn't always available, so I feel for OP.
You are talking about 2 years ago. Right now OP has Options, MTN, Telkom, vodascum and cell c. Most of them priced reasonably also. He just needs to do tests and figure out what works best for him.

Hellhound105

Executive Member
You guys might feel for OP, but I feel for us having access to their support ticketing system.

You read a few comments on a few threads then BAM, new support ticket logged on MyBB.