Rainbow 6 Siege: South Africa

HerZeLeiD

Unfortunately this game has been around for nearly 4 years, the majority of people who had any real interest in it has long forgotten about it or gave up years ago playing it with 160ms - 200ms. It's a shame UBI has taken this long to do anything for us. It didn't help that they also blocked SA from even visiting it from the Steam Store for whatever reasons. Once the servers come to stable it will take some time for some traction. Maybe it's too late but that's not our fault.

DYreX146

Unfortunately this game has been around for nearly 4 years, the majority of people who had any real interest in it has long forgotten about it or gave up years ago playing it with 160ms - 200ms. It's a shame UBI has taken this long to do anything for us. It didn't help that they also blocked SA from even visiting it from the Steam Store for whatever reasons. Once the servers come to stable it will take some time for some traction. Maybe it's too late but that's not our fault.
I've actually been finding a lot of SA games on the test server, I think it's because a lot more people have had the chance to download it now. I think on the weekend we should get plenty of games and then we can see how it will actually be when they release it on the live version.

Also not a lot of people want to go through the trouble of installing the test server so I think there will be a lot more players playing when it releases on the main game. I know that console has a lot more players than on PC in SA, so the sample size on PC is pretty small in comparison.

I'm pretty sure that there will also be more people trying the game for the first time now that they see it has servers for us, so I think there's still a chance that this game can flourish in SA. There will be more leagues and tournaments now, which will kick-start the competitive side of the game too.

HerZeLeiD

I've actually been finding a lot of SA games on the test server, I think it's because a lot more people have had the chance to download it now. I think on the weekend we should get plenty of games and then we can see how it will actually be when they release it on the live version.

Also not a lot of people want to go through the trouble of installing the test server so I think there will be a lot more players playing when it releases on the main game. I know that console has a lot more players than on PC in SA, so the sample size on PC is pretty small in comparison.

I'm pretty sure that there will also be more people trying the game for the first time now that they see it has servers for us, so I think there's still a chance that this game can flourish in SA. There will be more leagues and tournaments now, which will kick-start the competitive side of the game too.

Oh for sure, like the other poster said the majority of players don't play test anything. You also have to copy over the original files or update the test server over the original game files else you have to download 72GB versus only 7GB. Not many people will bother with this I reckon.

DYreX146

Oh for sure, like the other poster said the majority of players don't play test anything. You also have to copy over the original files or update the test server over the original game files else you have to download 72GB versus only 7GB. Not many people will bother with this I reckon.
Yeah it is a bit of a hassle for most people to do, as they need the hard drive space and they don't usually know that you can copy the files so it would take them ages to download 72GB if they have slow internet.

They would rather wait for it to be released fully, without the bugs and the trouble of installing the test server.

StoneCold

Expert Member

Thanks, will keep that in mind!

d.casper.b

Not to be weird...but I don't know why people bother with SA servers sometimes.
As a new player I want to do the Newcomer playlist but nothing... 20 minutes waiting during peak hours and no matches at all.
Yes, old thread, but must I jump in as a new player with more experienced players while there is a mode for newcomers?
Sometimes I just don't know. On Steam BTW.

DYreX146

Not to be weird...but I don't know why people bother with SA servers sometimes.
As a new player I want to do the Newcomer playlist but nothing... 20 minutes waiting during peak hours and no matches at all.
Yes, old thread, but must I jump in as a new player with more experienced players while there is a mode for newcomers?
Sometimes I just don't know. On Steam BTW.
I get what you're saying, but for me personally I would rather take the trade-off of taking longer to find games but at least having playable ping.

Trust me when I say this, the game was completely unplayable at a high skill level with such high ping. There were so many times when your shots didn't register that you couldn't win a gunfight against a half decent player with normal latency.

But you can always change your server region in the config file if you want to play modes that you can't find games for in SA.

d.casper.b

I guess so yes. Just a little saddened about it. It puts me off playing further. I don't like to just jump straight into something, I prefer to take my time and also like to enjoy all the modes that are on offer. I actually got this now during the sale after I read it had SA servers, so I thought.. would be nice to play with low ping for a change in a game.. but then you're welcomed like this. Not anybody's fault of course. We're just far away from other parts of the world and just not enough people (even though there are a lot, it's just not enough with all the other games available).

DYreX146

I guess so yes. Just a little saddened about it. It puts me off playing further. I don't like to just jump straight into something, I prefer to take my time and also like to enjoy all the modes that are on offer. I actually got this now during the sale after I read it had SA servers, so I thought.. would be nice to play with low ping for a change in a game.. but then you're welcomed like this. Not anybody's fault of course. We're just far away from other parts of the world and just not enough people (even though there are a lot, it's just not enough with all the other games available).
Yeah, you can change your server region to "westeurope" or "northeurope" in the GameSettings.ini file if you want to play the newcomer playlist on EU servers.

Once you've got the basics down you can maybe try the SA servers again, but I understand that it might be pretty hard for a new player since our community is small so most of our player base is made up of dedicated players with many hours in-game.

It might be discouraging at first but once you get the hang of the game I think you will enjoy it much more, I would also suggest queuing with friends so that you don't get toxic teammates shouting at you and telling you what to do.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Yoh this game is rough to get back into after a few months off of not playing any FPS games! Started again this week, got some verbal abuse from a Saffer at the end of the match when I died with the defuser when we were 2 or 3 of us trying to clear garage on Consulate. He was shouting for me to be kicked even though it was the end of the match already, and he himself had zero kills. Bizarre...

Sure, I feel sorry for the team mates who have to be on my team when I'm playing like a noob and am tired as hell from a 9 hour work day plus sleep deprived. I wish i could play Casual with other fellow noobs but my level is way too high :X3:

d.casper.b

Yoh this game is rough to get back into after a few months off of not playing any FPS games! Started again this week, got some verbal abuse from a Saffer at the end of the match when I died with the defuser when we were 2 or 3 of us trying to clear garage on Consulate. He was shouting for me to be kicked even though it was the end of the match already, and he himself had zero kills. Bizarre...

Sure, I feel sorry for the team mates who have to be on my team when I'm playing like a noob and am tired as hell from a 9 hour work day plus sleep deprived. I wish i could play Casual with other fellow noobs but my level is way too high :X3:

Well, I'm always a noob.. I don't take things seriously, but when I get attacked by people for playing badly...hard not to take offence. I played one match on EU in the newcomers playlist. No one really said anything.. but even there I feel I'm just thrown in not knowing what I must do, and the pressure of teammates just makes things difficult. But, that's all I played, so I'm a literal noob... but I generally don't progress beyond noob ever anyway.. so don't stress.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Well, I'm always a noob.. I don't take things seriously, but when I get attacked by people for playing badly...hard not to take offence. I played one match on EU in the newcomers playlist. No one really said anything.. but even there I feel I'm just thrown in not knowing what I must do, and the pressure of teammates just makes things difficult. But, that's all I played, so I'm a literal noob... but I generally don't progress beyond noob ever anyway.. so don't stress.
I would not mind a mode for veterans that have reverted to noob like ways. Maybe that's what Copper league in Ranked is for :p

It's not fun playing when everyone else is so much more serious about the game and they are so much better at the game (and kudos to them, that's their prerogative)!

MidnightZA

I would not mind a mode for veterans that have reverted to noob like ways. Maybe that's what Copper league in Ranked is for :p

It's not fun playing when everyone else is so much more serious about the game and they are so much better at the game (and kudos to them, that's their prerogative)!

Maybe play unranked. It's not as try hard as ranked and not as toxic as casual (On PS4, cant say about other platforms)

If you solo queue, make it a habit to drop the diffuser on spawn. Its more than likely a squad will take it and push together.

HerZeLeiD

This game is best enjoyed with voice and text chat disabled (I don't play "ranked" in any games). Otherwise you are going to spend half the time being distracted and being busy individually muting every person talking ****. I'm too old for that sheeeet. Only thing you have no control over is the cute teammate who shoot you to get you on low health or players in a party vote kicking you even while you are winning because why not.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Maybe play unranked. It's not as try hard as ranked and not as toxic as casual (On PS4, cant say about other platforms)

If you solo queue, make it a habit to drop the diffuser on spawn. Its more than likely a squad will take it and push together.
Ok thanks, will unranked then if PC has it. When i play it's usually with at least one buddy, if not 2.

And i was pushing the site with the other 2 guys that got upset with me. One of the opposing team knocked a hole in the window above and shot me dead from there when we were trying to clear garage. Garage was not clear yet so i dont know why it might have been expected for me to plant in the garage entrance when the chances are i might be fragged by someone in the garage.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
This game is best enjoyed with voice and text chat disabled (I don't play "ranked" in any games). Otherwise you are going to spend half the time being distracted and being busy individually muting every person talking ****. I'm too old for that sheeeet. Only thing you have no control over is the cute teammate who shoot you to get you on low health or players in a party vote kicking you even while you are winning because why not.
I hear you, but this game can't be played as intended without some form of voice comms. I'm also too old for this sh1te and playing with these immature and frustrated young adults really gets tiresome :confused:

DrQuantum

Hello, had a friend on Xbox boast about how amazing Ranbow 6 is in SA. Im on PC, is this game worth getting as a total noob ? I was just about to buy the game and then I found this forum post. I was a big Quake Champions fan and 2 years ago we lost the SA servers much to my dismay. Dont want to buy the game if there are hardly any local players.

StrontiumDog

Honorary Master
Hello, had a friend on Xbox boast about how amazing Ranbow 6 is in SA. Im on PC, is this game worth getting as a total noob ? I was just about to buy the game and then I found this forum post. I was a big Quake Champions fan and 2 years ago we lost the SA servers much to my dismay. Dont want to buy the game if there are hardly any local players.
There's enough local players, obviously not as much as European players though.

Perhaps keep an eye out for a free weekend and try the game then?

HerZeLeiD

You can find ZA players to play with whole day and night. In my experience you will only start getting longish matchmaking queues after 1am.