RAIN'S Huawei 5G Outdoor CPE N5368X

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
what should i do when my outdoor router gets stolen

Hi, Marcos 85 ,

I'm sorry to hear that and I will discuss a way forward with you around this.

Please send me a DM with your details and I will contact you.

thanks

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Do you have insurance ? This is a very valid question you have and maybe rain should look into offering there clients insurance for a small additional fee if it is not already covered.

Hi Scorpian101,

Currently, we don't offer any insurance services on any device.

I'm not saying we will never offer it but just currently we don't have that services.

thanks

Assasin_Zer0

Hi Scorpian101,

Currently, we don't offer any insurance services on any device.

I'm not saying we will never offer it but just currently we don't have that services.

thanks
Hi @rain_mobile

What happens with equipment customers paid for ?
I started out with one of the indoor units but that was replaced with the ODU by the Technicians that were sent out ?
This dates back to October 2019

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
On a more serious note, I've been wondering about these people on FB marketplace selling Rain outdoor routers.

Hi Sav ,

if you don't mind sending me a DM with your details as
Hi @rain_mobile

What happens with equipment customers paid for ?
I started out with one of the indoor units but that was replaced with the ODU by the Technicians that were sent out ?
This dates back to October 2019

HI [U]Assasin_Zer0[/U],

Initially, 5G customers who paid upfront for 5G devices took complete ownership of the device and if a device like that is swapped out then the initial device will be returned to the manufacturer and the customer now takes ownership of the new device that is better suited to there internet needs.

if a customer who paid upfront for a device decides to cancel then they keep the advice or back then we will refund the complete cost of buying the device if it was a customer did not get connectivity from day 1 of using the services as the 5G network was completely new back then.

So it all depends on the circumstances or history behind the device but if your specific devices were swapped out then, your old device is back with its manufacturer who then decides what to do with them.

thanks

SAV

Here is an example. Very dodge.

Attachments

• 76C128FA-079C-46AD-9D2E-A2BF67BE5A5C.png
    76C128FA-079C-46AD-9D2E-A2BF67BE5A5C.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 43

Gothan

Expert Member
They are pretty much useless. Rain outdoor CPE is network locked. I tried different networks but they don't work not even on 4G. Secondly if Rain does not get the router back it will likely be blacklisted so won't even work with a Rain simcard.

If you cancel there is zero use for the unit so just return it no point in having a bad record with Rain because of a unit not returned that is useless anyways.

I’m still waiting for rain to come and pick up their router. It’s been more than two months. I send them a reminder mail every now again but no response

cavedog

Honorary Master

If you can flash it with original firmaware then maybe it's worth it otherwise pretty useless. I tried seeing what it can do but completely blocked.

I’m still waiting for rain to come and pick up their router. It’s been more than two months. I send them a reminder mail every now again but no response

Weird when I cancelled way back in the start they actually harassed me to collect to router even though I paid upfront for the hardware cost.

Reactions: SAV

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
If you can flash it with original firmaware then maybe it's worth it otherwise pretty useless. I tried seeing what it can do but completely blocked.

Weird when I cancelled way back in the start they actually harassed me to collect to router even though I paid upfront for the hardware cost.

Hi Gothan ,

Can you DM your details as I would like to look into that for you?

thanks

Marcos 85

Hi, Marcos 85 ,

I'm sorry to hear that and I will discuss a way forward with you around this.

Please send me a DM with your details and I will contact you.

thanks
you can contact me on ********** or ********* @ ********.***

Last edited by a moderator:

Scorpion101

Hi Cavedog..... So effectively if you cancel and you own the router you will not be able to use it with any of the other Networks. Am I correct ?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Hi Cavedog..... So effectively if you cancel and you own the router you will not be able to use it with any of the other Networks. Am I correct ?

The outdoor unit yes. It does not work on other networks I tried getting it to work as a test but doesn't work and that is likely due to the firmware on it. The indoor CPE Pro is not network locked

Scorpion101

The outdoor unit yes. It does not work on other networks I tried getting it to work as a test but doesn't work and that is likely due to the firmware on it. The indoor CPE Pro is not network locked
Thanks Buddy, then I am fortunate I have the indoor unit CPE Pro which I bought in August last year. I however did receive the outdoor Unit recently as I have to cancel my account due to Rain being unable to move the Account onto the wife’s name. The only way to achieve that was to cancel my account and the wife apply for a new 5G Package. So I have a spare 5G unit.... Anyways I must say the guys at Rain made that process so easy and simple especially the Rain rep on mybroadband .... @Rain thanks for the assistance guys .

cavedog

Honorary Master
Thanks Buddy, then I am fortunate I have the indoor unit CPE Pro which I bought in August last year. I however did receive the outdoor Unit recently as I have to cancel my account due to Rain being unable to move the Account onto the wife’s name. The only way to achieve that was to cancel my account and the wife apply for a new 5G Package. So I have a spare 5G unit.... Anyways I must say the guys at Rain made that process so easy and simple especially the Rain rep on mybroadband .... @Rain thanks for the assistance guys .

Yeah I also have an indoor CPE Pro spare and currently using the outdoor unit.

SAV

Yep, just odd because it shouldn't really be theirs to sell. I'm sure the T&Cs said "free to use", so it's either stolen, or they've signed up to get the "free" router to sell.

SAV

Another one.

Attachments

• 421BB188-CEA2-4CDA-9FA6-A4962D8A8CCB.jpeg
    421BB188-CEA2-4CDA-9FA6-A4962D8A8CCB.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 29

AvrgTechConsumer

@rain_mobile Tell me, I have bought a contract with rain last year for the 5G uncapped home at R999. but I was given the indoor CPE. How do we get the outdoor CPE X because we are on the top tier service and our reception is terrible indoors. would probably be better if we had an outdoor router

Allen Farai

I have the R699 package & i have been having endless headache on this. The connection seems to be very unstable. I ended up taking out the sim card & inserted it into my Lte modem because I got tired of the issue with the 5G outdoor router. The Lte router worked perfectly but then I think Rain block the Internet connection on the Lte router with the 5G sim card & had to insert it back into the 5G router. I am so frustrated.
P. S. I inserted my 5G sim into my friend's 5G CPE Pro router & the connection was super stable. In conclusion, the 5G Outdoor N5368X router is the issue & so i need Rain to change my router to the Pro version attached at the soonest because I am losing out on my work. View attachment 831134
Hi.

I wonder what the differences between the outdoor 5G CPE X and the new indoor CPE Pro are, The Pro is newer so it sounds better and improved, what would be the process of swapping the older one for that? I do use the current CPE X indoors anyways but I am assuming the 7nm chip in the new one with the double antenna make for a better connection, just not sure on the specs of the CPE X, would anyone here know what the differences are between the two?

nad_isa

Hi.

I wonder what the differences between the outdoor 5G CPE X and the new indoor CPE Pro are, The Pro is newer so it sounds better and improved, what would be the process of swapping the older one for that? I do use the current CPE X indoors anyways but I am assuming the 7nm chip in the new one with the double antenna make for a better connection, just not sure on the specs of the CPE X, would anyone here know what the differences are between the two?

Not sure of the differences (I'm sure a quick google will shed some light) but the CPE X is best used outdoors. Have you tried it outside? I initially had it indoors but saw big difference with outdoor use.