Ramaphosa backs Huawei against Trump ban

Daruk

Honorary Master
Now if Huawei can sort out their security crap...

Shadowchaser1

Please, Cyril is small to Donald. This comment is just to make SA looking good, which is not the case. We don't feature in international politics. There is always something going in US politics. They don't think much of the African continent. I am just waiting for the announcement that we can choose Chinese surnames one of these days.

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Please, Cyril is small to Donald. This comment is just to make SA looking good, which is not the case. We don't feature in international politics. There is always something going in US politics. They don't think much of the African continent. I am just waiting for the announcement that we can choose Chinese surnames one of these days.
Nothing stopping you from doing it right now - just go to your nearest home affairs to change your name/surname.

Romito

Expert Member
So this means that Apple probably has to cancel the order of an extra 1 million iPhones...:unsure:

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Like @空中狼 said, you can do so right now. You don't have to wait for permission from Cyril.

Unreal

Americans are bullies. Just because China promises to buy "a whole lot of agricultural products" there is no longer a security and espionage threat
This is exactly how they shoved their chickens down our throats

Nobody Important

Executive Member
Americans are bullies. Just because China promises to buy "a whole lot of agricultural products" there is no longer a security and espionage threat
This is exactly how they shoved their chickens down our throats
+1. I wanted to say the same. It's all about money. National security has fokkol to do with it, that's just a pretense for "negotiation". And all their presidents are the same, not just Trump. The chicken saga happened during the time of Obama. It's just that Trump is a loud mouth.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Realistically what choice does he have? Chinese will reward Ramaphosa with no string attached cash while Trump will give him nothing at best.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Trump said Chinese President Xi Jinping had promised to buy “tremendous” amounts of U.S. agricultural products in exchange.
Craploads of manure?