Ramaphosa on MPs' salaries, benefits: 'They struggle to make ends meet'

supersunbird

Honorary Master
President Cyril Ramaphosa, what about the rest of he populace that don't even earn near half of the million rand per year that the MPs do? Bloody *******.

Acid0

Expert Member
President Cyril Ramaphosa, what about the rest of he populace that don't even earn near half of the million rand per year that the MPs do? Bloody *******.
Never mind half n bar what about the people that vote them in every time that does not even earn anything?

I tell you what squirrel, half the cabinet and give every remaining cabinet member a 20% increase.
We have one of the biggest cabinets in the world yet we dont even have enough money to buy vaccines?

Anyway what do they spend their money on, most of the benefits cover what we have to pay out of our own pocket every month, they get medical, housing, free cars and the list just go on......

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur

nightjar

Executive Member
What a dick but he would give stiff competition to Trevor Noah.

Last edited:

Temujin

Honorary Master
What a bunch of ****wits... shem, its tough living on our million rand salaries for doing **** all and all the free **** from cars, petrol, housing, travel, food that comes with it... not to mention all the stolen loots and undertable tenders... **** off parasites

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
They are unable to manage their finances when earning 50K+ per month excluding perks and corruption.... erm "irregular and or wasteful expenditure", yet they are allowed to manage the millions and billions in public funds.

What a $%^#ing joke.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Its actually saddening in a way that the media didn't openly challenge him on this bollocks.

Two houses? Yes Cyril, one of them is paid for by the bloody taxpayer. So then its only 1 house out of their salary, which I'm pretty sure they get a housing allowance for so there is a tax perk for them.
They get a vehicle or two on the taxpayers dime, so thats another normal expense they don't have.
They get fed at "work" so again another normal expense that they don't have to struggle with.
They almost definitely have a VIP protection unit at all times, so don't need to worry about armed response for their homes (but I'm going to assume they pay for it at their private residence anyway), but they live a much more secure life than all but the richest people in this country.
Whilst living in the parliamentry precinct they have DSTV and Interwebs etc etc.. so again more expenses they don't have to worry about.

A much larger chunk of an MPs salary would be classed as "disposable" income than any normal person.

Superman-7

I think he's right. BMW M5s aren't cheap, and neither are those fancy gated community estates. R1m a year is barely enough to cover these.

Shango

Some choose to live expensive lifestyles, far beyond what R90k+ pm salary can achieve. Look at the likes of Julius...his entire wardrobe can probably buy one a luxury sedan. This excludes cars and other luxuries and food.
Not agreeing with the president but those like Julius are the exception rather than the norm when it comes to MPs, he also serves on various structures within and outside parliament that he gets paid for (e.g. JSC, PAP) in addition to his remuneration as head of the EFF. Not forgetting his business interests.