Ramaphosa on South Africa’s most controversial issues – including the sale of cigarettes, and the death penalty

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
“The Bill of Rights contains a very important basic right – ‘the right to life’. And it so happens that our Constitutional court had to reflect on this matter to find out what this right to life meant.”
Funny, the Bill of Rights has a lot of other rights that the government was all to happy to suspend for an indefinite period.

ConfusedR

“The Bill of Rights contains a very important basic right – ‘the right to life’.

Does this mean the life of a criminal is a basic right? What about the victims?
It also seems that the ANC government doesn't consider this with farmers.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I'm convinced Cyril is the worst president we've had. Business made him too soft for politics.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I'm convinced Cyril is the worst president we've had. Business made him too soft for politics.
agree there, I think he is just a mouthpiece for people behind the scenes who actually make the laws.
mostly Zuma and his buddies.

RedViking

Nord of the South
See they selling cigarettes at the toll gates here in KZN, close the Umhlanga.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Pretty easy nowdays. People just connect illegaly to whatever. Funny the okes who connect onto traffic robots - complains the tv works for a while, then turns off, later turns on again.
Pretty sure that's an urban legend.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Well imagine we had Dlamini-Zuma or her ex Husband, could be way worse.
Given the choice, I backed Nkosazana. I was a shocked as Zuma was when Cyril won during their conference...and then I laughed just as he did.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
See they selling cigarettes at the toll gates here in KZN, close the Umhlanga.
The irony of this cigarette ban, to curb SARS-COV-2 spreading, is that more people share cigarettes now than ever, further compounded by everyone selling loose-draws.

RedViking

Nord of the South
The irony of this cigarette ban, to curb SARS-COV-2 spreading, is that more people share cigarettes now than ever, further compounded by everyone selling loose-draws.
They sell them in packs. Out in the open. Not even bother by police or anything. Shows what a joke the cigarette ban actually is.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
They sell them in packs. Out in the open. Not even bother by police or anything. Shows what a joke the cigarette ban actually is.
Packs! Amazing.

Well I guess it makes sense. A Zimbabwean I knows says they're trying to get mainstream brands in via smuggling through Moz as well and that they're worried all their efforts would be in vain if the ban lifts too quickly.

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
Yeah I seen that when I was down in Umhlanga last week.

You probably find that if you buy his smokes, his cop buddy is just down the road, pulls you over and confiscates the pack and hands it back to his buddy to resell to the next victim :ROFL: