Ramaphosa reveals plans and gives reasons for Covid-19 vaccine certificate

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member

neoprema

Executive Member
awesome. Although I used our current one in in Europe recently and they accepted it, its not great for travel and it lacks the ability to be digitally verified.
If they can give us something easier to carry, or even on our phones (i guess we won't be getting RFID implants) that would be great and open so much more for us locally and globally. Can't wait!

MeestaR

Expert Member
Well then, if I can tattoo the QR code on my arm, would that suffice as a vaccination certificate? For in-case I forget the printed out one, or the app does not work?

Swa

Honorary Master
So iow something that can easily be faked.

konfab

Honorary Master
“Data is accessed off EVDS on request, and the requester is verified by [one-time PIN],” Crisp said.

“At the point of use, the vendor or checker will need to verify the expiry date and that the ID on the document matches the presenter’s ID.”

Can one of our local vaccine cultists please indicate why an immunisation certificate needs an expiry date? The coof isn't novel anymore, especially to someone who has had the vaccine.

John Tempus

Executive Member
This is entirely unconstitutional.

If this goes unchallenged and becomes any sort of law then even those who in favor of this should kiss your constitution good bye. This might be one thing you do not care about but if they can just trample over the constitution with this then it opens up all sorts of other push overs.

Even England ditched the idea of a vaccine passport but our criminals in charge will take the extra step to make sure they ignore any constitution we have left by just forcing this bs through.

GG guys, well played.

zoozi

Expert Member
If it makes Bojo happy enough to take us off the red list then great...

marvelguy

I’d rather support the ones that care about national health than those not.

Bring in the passport, restrict the tinfoilhatters
I struggle to understand this mindset

1. Herd immunity isnt possible

2. The vaccinated are protected from severe illness

3.Mutations normally occour in the immune compromised.

4. There is a large population of citizens with natural immunity.

So why restrict individuals based on vaccine status?Nothing about this pandemic makes sense anymore.

The only advantage of vaccination ,is the lower hospitalisation rate(in theory).They are still figuring out the protection that natural immunity gives you.

Brian_G

Executive Member
I struggle to understand this mindset

1. Herd immunity isnt possible

2. The vaccinated are protected from severe illness

3.Mutations normally occour in the immune compromised.

4. There is a large population of citizens with natural immunity.

So why restrict individuals based on vaccine status?Nothing about this pandemic makes sense anymore.

The only advantage of vaccination ,is the lower hospitalisation rate(in theory).They are still figuring out the protection that natural immunity gives you.
Think politics, think natural threats to the planet creating new focus.

markings

Expert Member
Can one of our local vaccine cultists please indicate why an immunisation certificate needs an expiry date? The coof isn't novel anymore, especially to someone who has had the vaccine.
Because some vaccines give life long protection and others do not. Yellow fever vaccine validity is 10 years, so is Tetanus efficacy. Even natural immunity may get weaker over time.

rietrot

Honorary Master
So that you can get your regular booster shots every 6 months.