• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • Win an Amazon Echo Dot in this two-day giveaway - Enter Here

Ramaphosa Secures $10bn Investment Commitment from Saudi Arabia

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Lol! Very funny question. Don't worry, proof will surface only if Ramaphosa angers the establishment. That's how politics work.
So we must believe your assertions until the proof surfaces (which might be never, in which case we must believe it forever)?

Makes sense.

I’m still waiting for that proof of the Vendas being soooooooo rich by the way.

Splinter

Honorary Master
And he's building a massive mansion in Cape Town on land he bought for R30 million, good stuff...
You mean, from them money he made as a business man, as opposed to pilfering state coffers? If he made it, he can spend it any way he wants. You think only white people can make multi-millions and build themselves mansions?

Sly21C

Expert Member
So we must believe your assertions until the proof surfaces (which might be never, in which case we must believe it forever)?

Makes sense.

I’m still waiting for that proof of the Vendas being soooooooo rich by the way.
Wait wait, so you're telling me that Ramaphosa will not benefit at all? He's securing deals for South Africa and he won't get a small slice out of that investment via his friends or family? And you want proof? A man that benefitted out of BEE only? A man who didn't start a business from the ground, but used his position as an ANC NEC member to benefit from BEE. You clearly don't know politics, you can't be that naive.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Wait wait, so you're telling me that Ramaphosa will not benefit at all? He's securing deals for South Africa and he won't get a small slice out of that investment via his friends or family? And you want proof? A man that benefitted out of BEE only? A man who didn't start a business from the ground, but used his position as an ANC NEC member to benefit from BEE. You clearly don't know politics, you can't be that naive.
So you have gone from saying proof will be provided to just saying you are naive if one doesn't believe what you are saying?

Sly21C

Expert Member
So you have gone from saying proof will be provided to just saying you are naive if one doesn't believe what you are saying?
The same question applies to you. You seriously think Ramaphosa will be squeaky clean and will not put his hand in the cooky jar?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

But in doubt and without proof, you don't accuse.

It's actually called slander.

Sly21C

Expert Member
You mean, from them money he made as a business man, as opposed to pilfering state coffers? If he made it, he can spend it any way he wants. You think only white people can make multi-millions and build themselves mansions?
He never started a business from the ground, he used his position as an ANC NEC member to be in business. He wouldn't be where he is if it wasn't for BEE.

In case you don't know, and take it from me as a former ANCYL member, BEE is an instrument used to funnel funds from business to the ANC to fund election campaigns.

Splinter

Honorary Master
The same question applies to you. You seriously think Ramaphosa will be squeaky clean and will not put his hand in the cooky jar?
I seriously believe that Matamela has no need to do so, seeing that, as you pointed out earlier, he is already capable of building his own mansions.

So yes, I seriously believe he is doing the best for this country and is not fingering the cookie jar.

Sly21C

Expert Member
I seriously believe that Matamela has no need to do so, seeing that, as you pointed out earlier, he is already capable of building his own mansions.

So yes, I seriously believe he is doing the best for this country and is not fingering the cookie jar.
Warren Buffet is already wealthy, why is he still in business? Don't assume that once someone is fantastically rich that they'll do what's best for everyone else. Ramaphosa will conclude business deals even in his 70s.

Splinter

Honorary Master
He never started a business from the ground, he used his position as an ANC NEC member to be in business. He wouldn't be where he is if it wasn't for BEE.
So what? The whole point of BEE, was to enable black South Africans to get up to par with the white South Africans who had been given a free ride previously.

In all the years of corruptions expose's, Matamela Cyril Ramaphosa's name was never mentioned, as far as I know.

In case you don't know, and take it from me as a former ANCYL member, BEE is an instrument used to funnel funds from business to the ANC to fund election campaigns.
Ah. So the light dawns. A Zuma cadre then trying to pee on what our president is achieving.

Last edited: